New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you.. I've got a algae issue going on, so I backed down on the lights...

rdnelson99 said:
Looking good Kio. What issue? Aggression?

No, slime algae... Happened when I went from my old crappy light to the new 8 bulb T5's...

Well I would say "over feeding, shorten the time the lights are on, etc" but I guess you have read all the same threads I have so I will just say good luck.

rdnelson99 said:
Well I would say "over feeding, shorten the time the lights are on, etc" but I guess you have read all the same threads I have so I will just say good luck.

Yeah. I know it's the feeding and lights...

Hey guys and gals, need your opinions on my stock.. Basically need to know if I'm over stocked.

2- O. Clowns
1- Blue spotted goby
1- Lawnmower bleenie
1- Green mandarin
1- Spotted fox face
1- Flame Hawkfish
1- Anthias

And 90g tank, skimmer, sump... Just in case you needed to know. I wanna center piece fish for the tank, other than a Tang. Was looking at a pyramid butterfly, but i don't wanna over stock the tank.

id say your def close, but probably could have another, unless it was a messy fish, but most of those are very aggressive

Well more tank pics. I know it's a lot, but when u have everything die, feels good seeing things thrive...

Last edited:
Thank y'all, I appreciate it... Just think, I was almost going to give all this up... Glad everyone had my back and encouraged me to work through it... Appreciate it.

where's teh fts??? btw did i mention how cool that urchin is... yes? well its still true. you have some very nice looking stock in there.

kurtyboh said:
where's teh fts??? btw did i mention how cool that urchin is... yes? well its still true. you have some very nice looking stock in there.

Fts???? And yes, he is pretty cool... Lol.. Thanks again everyone.

kurtyboh said:

Two more of the urchin for u... Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom