Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #921
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
How long are you doing? A day?
Maybe 2.... Or 3... Depends on my work hours...
__________________

__________________
Kio707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #922
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
How long are you doing? A day?
Don't judge me... Lol...
__________________

__________________
Kio707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #923
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
You might wanna go all or nothing, just a suggestion. Most times 3 days isnt enough time for anything to really go wrong that quick. I go for only 2 weeks cause i feel that its reasonable and I also don't wanna stress the fish. keep in mind how many tanks he's been in in the last week. Prob from supplier tank to the pet store tank then to your qt then to your mt. thats alot for a fish for a week. Think how stressed you'd be if you had to move that many times a week. LOL
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #924
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
You might wanna go all or nothing, just a suggestion. Most times 3 days isnt enough time for anything to really go wrong that quick. I go for only 2 weeks cause i feel that its reasonable and I also don't wanna stress the fish. keep in mind how many tanks he's been in in the last week. Prob from supplier tank to the pet store tank then to your qt then to your mt. thats alot for a fish for a week. Think how stressed you'd be if you had to move that many times a week. LOL
I'm in the military... I know that stress.. Lol... I guess ur right... They just look so bored...
__________________
Kio707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #925
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
I know, I get tempted every day and then I think of the 6 fish I lost in less than a week which was in the end my fault. 2 weeks isnt even a guarantee but i think every week adds a bit in your favor in the end. Ich is usually the one thing everyone gets and within a week or two you'd know. If it was a small outbreak in 3 days you might not yet see enough symptoms to know.

I just would hate for ANYONE to go through what I went through with my disaster.
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #926
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I know, I get tempted every day and then I think of the 6 fish I lost in less than a week which was in the end my fault. 2 weeks isnt even a guarantee but i think every week adds a bit in your favor in the end. Ich is usually the one thing everyone gets and within a week or two you'd know. If it was a small outbreak in 3 days you might not yet see enough symptoms to know.

I just would hate for ANYONE to go through what I went through with my disaster.
I understand.......
__________________
Kio707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #927
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Space lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Saxton,Pennsylvania
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707

Lol... Good, because I got 1... It's better known as a 2 spotted bristletooth. A also got some yellow tailed damsels. Read they are not as aggressive as most...
Good luck with your yellowtail damsels my turned out to be little devils, started with three until they killed the one then they about killed my Tomini tang. Good luck would never recommend them to anyone. my tang is twice the size of my damsels
__________________
Space lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #928
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
Great.... I'll watch them... Tnx for the warning.
__________________
Kio707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #929
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Cool new fish! Very awesome! I love Tangs, and foxfaces for that matter, but I am too scared to get one someday lol.
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #930
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea
Cool new fish! Very awesome! I love Tangs, and foxfaces for that matter, but I am too scared to get one someday lol.
Y r u scared?????
__________________

__________________
Kio707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PH advice & CO2 - Planted Discus Tank - Tap water is 8.4! sudz Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 10 01-18-2012 10:07 AM
Starting a feeder tank. Advice wanted. meBNme Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding 3 10-02-2011 06:23 PM
Need advice for a 30 gallon tank Adi_Indian Member Introductions 9 09-25-2011 04:56 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.