Question about Chemi pure elite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chevy_guy2002

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had my chemi-pure elite in my SW tank now for a month. I started to notice that there were small particles floating around in the water making it look cloudy. I then noticed that i had copepods swimming around in the water.

It has been several days now and even with a PWC the water still has stuff floating around in it (other than copepods and micro bubbles). I then put a regular biocube filter in until i can get some new chemi-pure elite.

The water is now crystal clear! The chemi-pure elite says its supposed to last about 3 months. Why is it not lasting that long? How often should you change the chemi-pure elite and purigen?

I use chemi pure elite and never had particles floating. I change mine every 4 months. Make sure you rinse very well before put in tank. I put mine in a canister filter that I have setup I my sump. Where di you put chemi pure?

I change out my chemipure elite and my purigen eveyr 3-4 months in my biocube. I have had good results using both. :)

Was it your first time putting it in? My lfs told me the first one will likely "fill up" faster and once it removes as much as possible from the water, the preceding ones will last longer.
I hope that makes sense.

Just an update.. I found that my water was getting cloudy due to having too much water in the tank. The chemi pure bag had blocked the bottom of the media basket causing the water to just sit there. I found that in the biocube you have to keep it between the low and high water level marks. Everything seems to be working good now.
I still have some particles floating around but i think its from snails/crabs turning over the sand bed.

Back
Top Bottom