redy for life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
im still not sure on the 3 gal but i think that the 28 might be redy 4 a large PWC

test results are in
3gal:
nitrates: 0
nitrites: 0
ph: 8.1
free ammonia: 0
total ammonia: .15
alkalinity: 4.5
is it possible that i went through the cycle but the hair algae wiped all evidence clean? (for those of you that dont know, i had a ton of hair algea in this tank)

28gal:
nitrates: 1.5
nitrites: 0
ph: 8.3
free ammonia: 0
total ammonia: 0
alkalinity: 4
could this tank have cycled?
its been cycling for 2 1/2 weeks and the rock was pretty much cured when i got it. it was the last stuff in the store at the very bottom of the LR tank.

sooooo, hows it look?

If you used cured rock then you probably wont see much of a cycle. I`d give it a few more weeks to stabilize more and keep testing to be sure.

so no water change? wouldn't that raise nitrates which would kill all beneficial hitchhikers?

Oh yes, PWC`s are always a good idea IMO. Sorry I didnt see that. 10-15% weekly or bi weekly would be good.

ok just confirming. and the nitrate does mean that the tank has most likely cycled correct?

Not necessarily but probable. Thats why I recommend waiting a few more weeks to be sure. If this LR was already cured as you say then you should be OK. The only problem is you really dont know when that rock was put in the LFS tank. Better safe than sorry.

they get new shipments monthly and im thinking that that could have been in there for a few months cuz the tank was pretty big and i think that the rock i got was just leftover and each month they put the newer stuff on top if u get what im sayn.

Well you still have ammonia in the smaller tank. Did you add a pinch of food a few days ago as recommended in your other thread?

they get new shipments monthly and im thinking that that could have been in there for a few months cuz the tank was pretty big and i think that the rock i got was just leftover and each month they put the newer stuff on top if u get what im sayn.

I see your point

Back
Top Bottom