started. stopped. STARTED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diatom city. Despite water changes, decreased feeding, and a shorter photo period diatoms are covering everything.

Side question.... does anyone target feed their favia?

Indeed. I'm using pfs and my freshwater tank with it had an outbreak for about a month. Hopefully these will burn out soon. I have not added a cuc.

I've been out of town for a week. I had to leave my light schedule up to the roomie. I hope she follows it as I haven't had time to set it on timers.

I was in Boston earlier this week and now I'm in San Francisco

Me thinks so as well...

Got some rough news today that had me distracted. I ended up doing a water change today and the salt was mixed incorrectly. My Duncan is livid. The favias, zoas, and shrooms seem to be OK.

Duncan are a hardy coral. Sometimes with proper conditions and no changes they will fully retract for a day and act like nothing happened the next. I have 2 Duncan in my reef right now that do that when they feel like it, but are colorful and growing like weeds all g with the rest of the tank. Hopefully whatever went on that upset you has passed and you have control of your tank. All will work out in the end.

Anyone know why the sand bed looks like this?

Hi! I'm following, but haven't said al lot yet. Enjoying your thread.
That looks like pockets of air or algae to me. I get them along the wall and take an unused toothbrush to brush them out. Has never caused me any water problems after doing that, and it looks so much better. And it only takes a Couple minutes to get rid of them.

Hi! I'm following, but haven't said al lot yet. Enjoying your thread.
That looks like pockets of air or algae to me. I get them along the wall and take an unused toothbrush to brush them out. Has never caused me any water problems after doing that, and it looks so much better. And it only takes a Couple minutes to get rid of them.

Thank you :) sounds good to me. Shall do that today.

Noticed some bright green stuff in the tank. Probably cayno since it appeared overnight. Water looks a little green

Edit: bright green stuff is difficult to remove

Thank you! The green haze seems to have disappeared with one day of lights out. Hard green algae is still on the rocks.

My bf forgot to tell me that he bought a fish for me while I was on vacation. It died and he never took it out of the tank... and I never knew it was there!

In other news I found a teeny starfish in the tank... which is unusual because I never bought any live rock.

*cries*

The only rock that I didn't have glued down fell hard today during a water change.

My Duncan lived/lives on this rock. Duncan fell on his head. I'm pretty upset about it. His stem is bent. He is covered in mucus.

We will see how he recovers.

Back
Top Bottom