started. stopped. STARTED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did a water change after adding the corals in....

Both new AND old corals are angry and retracted now. It is frustrating how unhappy they become after a water change. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. Update in the morning :(

I had that same issue when I did water changes directly into the tank, aka pre sump.

That would make sense! I've been thinking of taking my sump off of my fw tank and moving it here. I need a skimmer but don't really want a hob.

I currently have over 25 frags. I think I will stop for a bit and look at fish. Any ideas?

Beautiful fish!!!

Do you think I could keep a magenta and indigo together? Or an indigo and fire fish together?

I figured as much.... :(

My lfs ran a special over the weekend on fish. They didn't have much left. Might order online.

Ready to pull my hair out.

I can't seem to get my sand to settle which is making all my corals angry.

The power heads keep stirring it up.

Your sand will settle. If you want, point your powerheads towards the surface of the water and that will help. The bulkreefsupply ro/di systems are great, I have one. Currently, with all the bad weather my spring water has had awful stuff in it so I don't run the unit or it'll get clogged (spring is under a corn field) and have great success from walmart and giant eagle distilled water.
Keep your chin up, the early months of a tank can be frustrating. I've wanted to kick the glass in my tank many times, but now things are going well...I'm just nit picking at this point.

Your sand will settle. If you want, point your powerheads towards the surface of the water and that will help. The bulkreefsupply ro/di systems are great, I have one. Currently, with all the bad weather my spring water has had awful stuff in it so I don't run the unit or it'll get clogged (spring is under a corn field) and have great success from walmart and giant eagle distilled water.
Keep your chin up, the early months of a tank can be frustrating. I've wanted to kick the glass in my tank many times, but now things are going well...I'm just nit picking at this point.

Thank you for the encouragement. I need it!

Got a firefish. The chromis is glad to have a friend. He is being nice so far.

Need more rock. My clean up crew arrived while I was out. :( it has to spend the night in the office.

ForumRunner_20130320_213247.jpg

Rar. Watching the tank for an hour and I have not seen the fire fish. I'm wondering if it may have died overnight

It has been said many many times... Order less than you need from reef cleaners.

ForumRunner_20130321_103618.jpg

That is the package. I think it was for a twenty gallon.

Edit: crushed my birdsnest looking for my firefish who is no where to be found.

Lost power last night due to a thunderstorm.

Duncan has his mouth wide open. Everyone else seems fine. Water change today

Back
Top Bottom