started. stopped. STARTED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One if my favia who has not eaten any food for almost a month ate yesterday! After today's water change he looks soooo very good. Glad to see him happy. Not home tonight so I will see the tank in the morning

Thanks guys! The tank is slowly coming along. I'll probably place another coral order next week or so. I'll be ordering from spikes corals again.

Duncan is still angry after his fall.

Zoas are all sprouting additional heads.

Purple polyp monti (my favorite coral as the poylps are a beautiful shade of lilac) is encrusting her frag plug.

No mushroom growth.

Current stock is a single blue/green chromis. Rehomed the two clowns and damsel. I guess I should look at some truly interesting fish.... and a cuc! I love my snails!

Funny your comments about the fish and snails. Sometimes I look at the tank "hey, what are all my snails up to. Good job guys" and completely forget even to look at my fish.

SRC

Funny your comments about the fish and snails. Sometimes I look at the tank "hey, what are all my snails up to. Good job guys" and completely forget even to look at my fish.

SRC

Lol exactly! Someone once said to me "I like critters" in reference to their reef tank. I didn't understand then and rolled my eyes.

Found a teeeeeeeny tiny aipastia on a "frag" of live rock I had purchased. Boiled lemon juice and put it on it. Tis gone now.

Was considering getting some hermits with fire red legs BUT dont want my snails to die.

If/when I get aiptasia, I am gonna get an eye dropper and put Sriracha hot chili sauce on it. I already have it.

SRC

Lol! Does that work? You don't worry about it getting in the tank??

Quick update. Something is VERY suddenly going on with all my tanks. Even my mushroom is totally retracted which I have never seen it do.

are you asking why its got bubbles in it? if so its because it is converting Nitrates to nitrogen and this causes bubbling, This is what Deep sand beds are for. while its usful its imo better to just have no sand bed because if you disturb a deep sand bed it can crash the tank.

Good to know. I might have to add some more sand as the bed is only about two inches, or less in some areas, deep.

Placing my order for corals now.... I've got a few zoas, a ricordea, two montis, some chaeto (no sump yet!), and a chalice I think... I reeeeaaalllllly want some acans but a lot are showing up out of stock on his site. I sent him a message asking if he had any.

For some reason I'm terrified of acros. I don't want to kill them

New corals will be here tomorrow.

Reef cleaners package will be here Tuesday. I ordered for a 20g as the numbers for the 40b were way too much.

Once I see what is alive I'll get a hermit and then look at some fish.

Back
Top Bottom