Surface is yucky.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bloomk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have a 90 gallon tank that has no hob filter or overflow setup on it (it is piped for overflow/sump, just don't have one yet). I have a small hob filter that clears up all the particles that float on the surface if I put it on the tank but I am told not to use it.. So is this ugly stuff on the surface a big deal?

why were you told not to use it?

i would invest in some form of filteration, if its plumbed for a sump i would use it. how long has the system been up for and are you using live sand and live rock?

It is actually cycling right now... Filled it a couple weeks ago.. Nothing in it but a couple hermet crabs and a couple snails that hitchhiked with the live rock.. Have about 50 lbs of live rock in the tank.. (will add more when I can afford it)

I was told that my system doesn't need a filter.. But the sump isn't there cause I am adding as I can afford it.. I will add a couple clown fish from my established 15 gallon tank when the cycle completes. I plan to use my small tank as a quarantine tank.

you won't be able to get rid of the surface gunk without hthe filtration, and there is a slugde on it because most of the organics in the water float to the top. let it cycle the rocks and as soon as you can get the filtration

Back
Top Bottom