Today I finished putting the sump together..... Then I let dry for about 3 hours and sanded the exterior corners and top edge. After sanding I used a torch to heat the edges which makes everything nice and smooth. Tomorrow I will test for leaks!!
After sanding (thats what all that dust is from... static electricity).. here she is. I figured 1/4" acrylic would be adequate to prevent any deforming (especially since there are interior supports) but I did decide to put corner bracing in each corner just to make thinks a little stronger.
After sanding, I used a torch to smooth out the edges and make them clear.
here is a corner
After the sump was done I decided to clean my existing tank.. It was filthy after sitting on a shelf for 6 years... After the previous years of use there were several minor scratches from various things. Using a polish I purchased for plastics & metals and a drill attachment I polished the inside and outside of the tank. This worked to take out all but a couple small scratches I have from rock being moved.
The stuff I used which worked well
This would take forever without a drill attachment!
All done and ready for water.