Tank has been cycling for over 2 weeks.. what to add next???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vTEC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright, so my 33 gallon SW tank has been cycling with approx 15lbs of LV and a lonely domino damsel....

everything is perfect for water quality (tested it myself at work) and salinity. Temperature is fine as well as circulation.

Now before everyone gets "DAMSELS ARE AGGRESIVE FISH" on me... I plan to ignore the fact that he can be aggressive and see how it goes (he'll always have a home at work) Damsels don't get too aggressive with fish their own size, and tend to be meaner as they age.

**NOTE: These are just random fish that I have considered.. I'm not just getting all of them at once :p **

So i had planned to introduce some blennys, a dottyback here and there, I had my eye on a dwarf lion (but that would limit what size of fish I could have in the tank), marine betta (which is still a high possiblilty of getting), also am leaning towards some powder blue tangs (but once my tank is into its third month because theyre VERY sensitive tangs)...

if anyone could give me a list of fish that would suit my tank? I prefer uniqueness and colour :p

vTEC.. you probably wont be able to house any type of tang in a 33gal, just too small..

I'd go with blennies, firefish, maybe a pair of o.clowns, dottybacks, gobies..

with a tank that size u could house 4-5 fish, no bigger than 3inches or so..

i'd have a serious look at..

x2 o.clowns
x1 royal dottyback
x1 firefish
x1 yellow watchman goby

a lot of vivid colours in those fish,

and u could also throw in a cleaner shrimp or coral banded shrimp as they dont add to the bioload..

Agreed, 33gal is just too small for any tang. Clowns are nice, royal gramma, gobies, some wrasses...you really have plenty of other options.

i had a feeling the tangs would get too big... i know i cant really add anything right at this moment... just because its still cycling and what not...

tangs arent exactly my most favourite of fish.... but I had them in at work... but we're getting a HUGE marine order in next week.. so it should be interesting to see what we get in

thanks for replying :)

Cheers
Lauren

a marine betta is too large for that tank. They also prefer alot of rock to hide in and I do not see you listed a lot of rock. As a side note...you are not that long into your cycle and if you have been only using a damsel, you may not even have begun it yet.

Civicman86 said:
sorry to change topics but are you into hondas or something?

Ha ha ha! :p I am not laughing at and of you at all. It's just that I've seen vTec here and there from topic to topic and you're the only person I've seen asking that question to him/her. It was actually kind of an innocent question. :D

In terms of stocking, yeah, I'll say it anyways, I regret my damsels. So back to the stocking question.

First of all, IME I cycled the tank for a good solid month. I just made sure everything is "marinated", if you may.

I would look at these fish for the 33G:

A Blenny(keyword ONE Blenny), false percula, or any clown you prefer for that matter, royal grammas is a common suggestion, anthias (anyone please do correct me regarding compatibilities), maybe a banggai, or a dwarf parrot wrasse (if you find one), or a cleaner wrasse. There are some wrasses that are less than 6 inches full grown.

A 55G tank or higher would give you more allowance for box fish and puffers. But you may be surprised at the amazing colors and species of fish that are compatible with your tank. 33G tanks are fun too!

Back
Top Bottom