Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #201
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

Kinda got put on the back burner I have another 150g Cichlid build I have been working on... Have to get it done before I move! 2 weeks!
Yeah Im in the same boat with having my 90G setup on hold until we move lol it sucks bc I can't stop planning on what to get lol

Old 10-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #202
Aquarium Advice Addict

So.... How would one move an established, working tank of about 70g???

Old 10-25-2012, 02:09 AM   #203
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
How far?
Old 10-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #204
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

How far?
25 miles....
Old 10-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #205
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Help! I need to know what this entails... What supplies will I need? I gotta know I can pull this off I need some encouragement haha.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #206
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Help! I need to know what this entails... What supplies will I need? I gotta know I can pull this off I need some encouragement haha.
That's a tough one TBH lol I never had to move such a big tank that far... I would assume numerous buckets/containers.. maybe portable heaters and air stones for the live rock. :/ wish I could help more
Old 10-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #207
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

That's a tough one TBH lol I never had to move such a big tank that far... I would assume numerous buckets/containers.. maybe portable heaters and air stones for the live rock. :/ wish I could help more
Yea, it's a daunting task! I don't have my ro system set up yet or the drum to make water in. I'm gonna have to somehow, someway find a way to transport 100% of the water. I could go get some salt and try to mix up some because I'm sure I won't be able to get "all" of it... I was thinking about getting some garbage cans and filing one with water and rock, one water and sand and one water and livestock... Then whatever's left in 5g buckets. I'm worried about it losing temp on the way home.... It will be riding in the back of the truck, not the fish of course lol. This is hard!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #208
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Yea, it's a daunting task! I don't have my ro system set up yet or the drum to make water in. I'm gonna have to somehow, someway find a way to transport 100% of the water. I could go get some salt and try to mix up some because I'm sure I won't be able to get "all" of it... I was thinking about getting some garbage cans and filing one with water and rock, one water and sand and one water and livestock... Then whatever's left in 5g buckets. I'm worried about it losing temp on the way home.... It will be riding in the back of the truck, not the fish of course lol. This is hard!
Sounds like you know what to do already.. I had to transport all my water to my new place the beginning of this month when I moved and it SUCKED lol but it all went well... It's more or less your just gonna have to bite the bullet and except that you may lose some things in the move but you do sound like you have a solid plan : / ....also sorry for the huge pause I actually had to work at work today lmao
Old 10-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #209
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Sounds like you know what to do already.. I had to transport all my water to my new place the beginning of this month when I moved and it SUCKED lol but it all went well... It's more or less your just gonna have to bite the bullet and except that you may lose some things in the move but you do sound like you have a solid plan : / ....also sorry for the huge pause I actually had to work at work today lmao
Ok, that's what I'll do then! I'm just nervous because I don't have ANYTHING. No testing supplies, no back up water... Ahhh! I can't beat the deal tho. The tank and stand alone are worth what I'm paying for it. I'm a little nervous in te conditions. She couldn't tell me any parameters... Not even salinity. Nothing about the stock but noticed a tang in the picture. The worst part is after paying bills I won't have any extra money to buy anything should something go wrong :/ should I worry about a nitrate spike from moving everything around??? I have some sand and cc here from when I bought the 150... Should I use some to try to make up for any lost water until I can get the supplies to make water?? Ahhh I'm kinda freaking out lol!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #210
Aquarium Advice Addict

How long has the tank been running? The longer its been running the worse the spike will be when it gets stirred up in most cases. I'm kinda confused though lol Are you buying a running tank and bringing it home? Thought you were moving lol. Are you dead set on keeping the livestock? Could you possibly buy it all, take the livestock to your lfs for store credit, and just keep the equipment. Then you could set it up with out all the headaches and maybe have a healthy credit amount waiting for you at the store.

Tags
salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com