Thinking of trying my hand at Saltwater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rutrag said:
Did you get it on their Black Friday special? I saw that was listed. I bought the same one about a year ago. I think it's the best deal you can find on a refractometer anywhere.

Just remember that the packing peanuts kept it from getting broken by UPS or the post office. I know that they're annoying when they get everywhere. I think shredded paper is worse. I used to work for a retail store where the shipements were always packed in shredded paper from the distribution center. That stuff went EVERYWHERE! The yahoos who ran the company were too cheap to buy us vacuum cleaners to boot.

Yes! And I was in a group buy.... Although I'm not sure if that helped the price... $18.99 is what I paid! Couldn't afford it but bit the bullet cuz I know I probably won't see it for that price again. It was perfect timing because my hydrometer broke last night!

I don't know if it stacked with the group buy or not, but I doubt it. They have to make money somewhere. $18.99 is roughly the price of two hydrometers, but the difference is worth it IMO. I'm always afraid I'm going to drop and break mine though.

Rutrag said:
I don't know if it stacked with the group buy or not, but I doubt it. They have to make money somewhere. $18.99 is roughly the price of two hydrometers, but the difference is worth it IMO. I'm always afraid I'm going to drop and break mine though.

Good investment either way :)

Love this guy! He's pretty cool :)

Attachments

• image-326787.jpg
    image-326787.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1528399659.jpg
    image-1528399659.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 100
DanS180 said:
is that a coral banded shrimp?? i was debating on getting one of those for my 29G

It is :) I love how he isn't shy & comes out to hunt food at feeding time, very cool creature :)

Bought me my first nem yesterday! A rock nem :) or flower nem he was calling it :) this is a true test of my light strength. It appears to be very happy ;) opened up fully & eating ;) well I think it's eating as its catching things & pulling it to its mouth. I got to admit that it's not the most attractive anemone but the price was right and with not knowing my lights capabilities its a good tester I suppose :) the man I bought it from said it may be hosted by clowns, which I'm getting around Xmas time and wanted to make sure I had a nem for them :D

Bought me my first nem yesterday! A rock nem :) or flower nem he was calling it :) this is a true test of my light strength. It appears to be very happy ;) opened up fully & eating ;) well I think it's eating as its catching things & pulling it to its mouth. I got to admit that it's not the most attractive anemone but the price was right and with not knowing my lights capabilities its a good tester I suppose :) the man I bought it from said it may be hosted by clowns, which I'm getting around Xmas time and wanted to make sure I had a nem for them :D

What, no pictures?? :)

Did we not make it home from work last night? Lol

Hahaa! I did! But my service sucks soooo bad here At the new house! I've been trying to upload for hoursssss! Work has wifi tho I may just have to milk the clock a little lol. I didn't have n e pics to upload last night but I snapped a few when I got home last night.

Btw, secret Santa stuff arrived last night at my old house and I got it today! Wanna say thanks to whoever my secret Santa was! I reallllllllly appreciate it! Very awesome gift!!! Thank youuuuu!!!!

Hahaa! I did! But my service sucks soooo bad here At the new house! I've been trying to upload for hoursssss! Work has wifi tho I may just have to milk the clock a little lol. I didn't have n e pics to upload last night but I snapped a few when I got home last night.

Btw, secret Santa stuff arrived last night at my old house and I got it today! Wanna say thanks to whoever my secret Santa was! I reallllllllly appreciate it! Very awesome gift!!! Thank youuuuu!!!!

I want to know what you got!

Aww that's awesome!! Show us what you got!!!

Here we go ;)

Attachments

• image-3411035857.jpg
    image-3411035857.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 109
  • image-2498586478.jpg
    image-2498586478.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 138
  • image-2912761586.jpg
    image-2912761586.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1302110753.jpg
    image-1302110753.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 107
Oh yeah I forgot you were posting a pic of the nem also! Lol looks awesome.. and great gifts as well! Hope I get something awesome as well :)

Oh yeah I forgot you were posting a pic of the nem also! Lol looks awesome.. and great gifts as well! Hope I get something awesome as well :)

Yea I was stoked!!! ;);)

Does the nem look ok?! I'm keeping an eye out for bleaching. It will move if not comfy, right? It appears happy and eats like a pig when I feed the tank mysis & emerald entree. It's an amazing creature! It actually look even better today, I should have taken a oic! It's pretty big and fully open now! I witnessed it expel "something" black today... Idek what it was!

Yea I was stoked!!! ;);)

Does the nem look ok?! I'm keeping an eye out for bleaching. It will move if not comfy, right? It appears happy and eats like a pig when I feed the tank mysis & emerald entree. It's an amazing creature! It actually look even better today, I should have taken a oic! It's pretty big and fully open now! I witnessed it expel "something" black today... Idek what it was!

Nems aren't my area of expertise but from what I know. They will move if they're unhappy lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom