120g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What species of crayfish is it. I am suprised it is not gobbled up. I have been thinking of a scavenging crayfish to put in with my fish but i am still fighting weather to do it or not. Because i wrong move the fish are eaten. Or the crayfish is eaten when it molts.

*EDIT*
By the way i am glad the quartz is working out for you.

What species of crayfish is it. I am suprised it is not gobbled up. I have been thinking of a scavenging crayfish to put in with my fish but i am still fighting weather to do it or not. Because i wrong move the fish are eaten. Or the crayfish is eaten when it molts.

*EDIT*
By the way i am glad the quartz is working out for you.

Ya know, I have no idea what species they are. Petco gets them in with their feeders every so often and gives them away for free. We liked them, figured they are big enough to hold their own with the cichlids so we got them. So far, and I just put our pair of jewels in, they are getting along. I guess if they have enough places to hide when they molt they're fine.

i would like to thank everybody that talked me into going with sand insted of gravel my new 75 gal looks great in still not done with the decor but i like to look at it and think about diff things speaking of witch has any 1 ever tryed hangiong wood from the top of thetank to make it look like the bank of a river or creek if so let me know how it looked/ worked here r some pics of my tank with the sand in it

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 50
Java moss?

Ok, so now I'm thinking about adding some java moss to the tank. I want it on one of the pieces of wood, so give me some thoughts y'all.

I think some on the driftwood on the left part of the tank down at the base would look cool. I mean were the wood is closest to the rock in the middle. Also some were the driftwood is next to the rock (thats in the middle) on the right would look cool. If you didn't understand that i will draw a picture on paint to show you when i get back fromw work.

Wow, i went back and read that and i didnt even understand myself. It was early, lol. Here is what i meant though.

fishtanki.jpg

Were i spray painted the dark green is the places i thought it would look nice.

Yeah now I get it. I was thinking for sure on the one to the right, the one on the left I was kinda thinking about it, but there is a hole in the trunk of that log the the crayfish love, so I was thinking up the side instead.

Ya, if the crayfish has a hole he likes and you cover it he will shred it so he can get back into it. Do you have 1 or more crayfish in there? Do you know what species they are?

Thats cool, just more research to be done (no complaining there :)) So you think you are gonna do the java moss?

Back
Top Bottom