Alec's 75g cycling thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful!! Go ahead & increase to 4ppm. Just watch your ph because its starting to fall and with the bigger dose, its likely to fall further by tomorrow tonight. You may need a wc by tomorrow or the next day to keep things stable & finish the cycle. :)

I just did a big water change about 65%
Ammonia .25 ????
Nitrates 40
Ph 7.9
Nitrites 0

Is there ammonia in your tap? If not normally, it may be checking. Since there's already .25. In your tank, dose to 3.75ppm. If you already dosed, no big deal. :)

I think it is from my tap cause if had it happen on my 36g when I finished it and did a bwc cause it went away within a hour or so .

Everything is 0. Could I do a big water change and get fish today? I'm just so eager to get fish :3

Um I have another thread that talks about stocking options I can't post a link from my phone but I am going to do
3 angels
3 clown loaches
3 pearl gourami
12 marble hatchets
12 lamp eye tetras
1 pleco
1 peacock eel
2 German rams

I guess you can! I know your leaving in a few days- do you have anyone that can keep an eye on the levels until you return? Another consideration would be to stock 1/2 of the stock your considering now & the other half when you get back that way you will be able to monitor the parameters daily when its fully stocked & do wcs if something is amiss. :)

jlk said:
I guess you can! I know your leaving in a few days- do you have anyone that can keep an eye on the levels until you return? Another consideration would be to stock 1/2 of the stock your considering now & the other half when you get back that way you will be able to monitor the parameters daily when its fully stocked & do wcs if something is amiss. :)

Ehhh yeah...my parents. But I don't think to bad will happen. I can show em how to test it and feed em theyve had a tanks before so I'm not to worried :) I'm gonna start my big water change.

Last night I got 2 rams 10 black skirts 12 rasboras . All 0 this morning and no deaths to report:)

Back
Top Bottom