Finally! Cycle complete.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cJw

Aquarium Advice Addict
AHHHhhhh....

Finally, ammonia and nitrite are 0.0! I'm so happy I can't even consider smileys. : grin :

I can finally start stockin! Big, fat, hairy, long awaited WOOT! :)

Thanks all!

I'm going at it slow -

cory cats - 3 (asap)
rummy noses tetras - 6
yoyo loaches - 3 (unless I have a change of heart and get clowns)
oto cats - 3
gourami - 3ish - and I'm not sure what kinds, quite yet. :)

Add that to my 6 pearl danios I have and that'll be plenty!

:edit:

and now that I think about all that, it seems I'm 10-15" overstocked. . . hrm. Can you guys double check my math?

:/edit:

Well a school of tetras and danios will be a lot of it. You should probably either go with loaches OR cories. The cories stay smaller so maybe that would be better, JMO.

Well a school of tetras and danios will be a lot of it. You should probably either go with loaches OR cories.

I'm considering trying to return the danios; I'd rather have a few more rummies than both. That would also help me rationalize having the cories and the loaches. :)

Bah; is there ever enough room in an aquarium? :cry: :wink:

If you decide to return your danios, a school of 10 rummies would look stunning. Try to find tank raised rummies if you can, as they will be more hardy than the wild caught ones. If I were you I would wait to add the rummies until your other fish are in the tank and the setup is more established. They can be very touchy and you may have better luck with them that way. :wink:

I'm pretty set on the idea of returning the danios - if any lfs will take em! Catching them, however, is a different story completely. :p

I'm loving the idea of lotsa rummies; they're one of the coolest looking fish I've seen and sure don't remember seeing those at fish stores I frequented as a (younger - lol) kid. I'd probably have to limit the rummies to smaller school, 8 perhaps, just to squeeze all the room I can get for the other fish out of that 30 long.

I'm loving this tank, but hating the limits. :x :? :lol:

:edit:

Oh, and duly noted about waiting to get the rummies - are they known to be frail in transport? I don't remember seeing that. . .

:/edit:

I use my largest net when if I ever have to move my danios. Sometimes they get to spots where the net can't get to without moving things though. :?

RoK said:
I use my largest net when if I ever have to move my danios. Sometimes they get to spots where the net can't get to without moving things though. :?

This is the main concern (aside from finding them a home) - they're quick little fellas (and ladies). I'm thinking that I'll just use the 'feeding time!' method - they come runnin to flakes! :p

the clown wont fit in that tank IMO because they reach up to 1'

Another reason to not get 'em. They were my dad's favorite; he had two or three in his 55s when I was 'lil' and I don't remember them getting too big @ all, maybe 5" at most. I don't think he was too well 'read' about fish in general though, as we seemed to always be getting new fish. . . to replace 'casualties'. :roll: :(

Back
Top Bottom