Is my Tank now cycled :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AddictedtoFishNoW

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I just wanted to share some results and see if my tank is cycled, it's fishless cycle with a seeded filter media and filter loaded and saved bacteria from previous fish tank, my test shows these results, can I add fish?

Ammonio 0 PPM
Nitrite 0 PPM
Nitrate 10 PPM
PH 7.2

When did you put the tank up?

When did you do readings?

What was in the tank that you took filter from? What do you plan on stocking in new tank?

almost 2 weeks, this morning , and everyday, before my nitrites were at above 0.25PPM now I read 0 this morning, and in the tank it was mainly Discus and a few other non aggressives. I would like to have a mixture of Discus and Angelfish, or strictly discus and small neon tetras?

I'm confused, you put your tank together 2 weeks ago along with the seeded media, right?

Then what did you do for an ammonia source?

When I've used seeded media, I've added fish right away. I've never even had a mini-cycle doing it that way. I've been instantly cycled. Period.

I'm afraid I have no experience with discus, so we'll have to wait for someone else to pop in. Better yet, you might want to just start another post about your stocking proposal.

I've seen people saying that you shouldn't keep angelfish and discus together as the angels carry a virus that discus can catch that causes them to, and I quote, "Melt".

What size tank are we talking about here?

Yes.

I've heard that the minimum for a pair of discus is 40 gallons, with 90 gallons being more ideal, as discus prefer a group.

Back
Top Bottom