Moving to a 10 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PlecoDeMayo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So my college pet goldfish, Hideyoshi, has been giving me goldfish telepethy and "screaming" at me through the tank saying he wanted a bigger tank. I've set up the bogger tank and I'm letting it cycle for the mean time. He currently lives in a neat circular 3 gallon tank and is hitting the 3 inches mark so I decided he needed an upgrade.

Does anyone have any tips of making the transition smoother for the litte guy? He was real mad at me when I took some of the decorations to move them to the other tank and is currently holding a grudge on me because he can see the large tank and really wants to go in it but he cant! Poor little guy! Can't wait to see what he does when he finds out I got him a bubble curtain! :)

Also, would it wise or unwise to get my solitary fish a friend at this point? He's been by himself for a year. If I did get him a friend, how big should said fish be so he doesn't get eatten? Hideyoshi is a 28 cent Common Goldfish. I always wanted a Black Moor. Would my fish be "racist" to him and jealous to share the tank?

10 gallons is almost too small for one goldfish, let alone 2

Even one that's not even 3 inches long? He seems teeeny in it.

The thing you need to be aware of is a small tank will stunt a goldfish`s growth. It requires a larger tank to grow healthy. If you are going to go for the 10 gal tank, good for you, it`s a step up. However do not get another fish for the tank.

Once the tank is cycled, make sure it is the same temp as the water he is used to and add dechlorinator. He should be fine and enjoy more space.

Back
Top Bottom