new 5 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I totally agree with Ryan.

Female bettas are not aggresive, I have had female bettas and they are some of the sweetest best tempered fish I have kept.

ryan-peddle said:
Not true I have a Betta with all my fish I have one in a livebearer tank , one in a community with cardinals glowlights serpea rummynose and others, one with goldfish it was a heated tank my goldfish do excellent in warmer water, and even one with cichlids when they were small and they are all the least aggressive fish in my tanks

Just don't stereotype a fish from rumors look at them in the store if they are in those stupid cups side by side with other bettas and not flaring I would say her is docile and won't do any harm

It's totally your choice I am not pushing a Betta I am just informing you of the possibilities

I can't even buy females from my lfs. They only sell like 5 males at a time. I also already have two bettas and don't want another one. I want to try something new... its not that I don't like them.

You're running out of options here. Lol. There are tons of options if you ordered online, but it sounds like you can't do that. For common, more likely found in store stuff, a betta and shrimp is your best bet. It sounds like you don't want another betta though.

Back
Top Bottom