Feather duster lost his head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Msmith88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've heard of dusters losing their heads but never personally have bad it happen. Other the whole double feather head and what looks to be about half an inch of the worm. Is that what it normally looks like? I picked it up and put it back in the tube for **** n giggles but watched it get pushed right back out again. Even the dropped head seems to still have some reaction when I touch it. Does this mean my worms dead or is it just rejuvenating a new head? Never actually seen a dropped head to compare it to...

image-3017882187.jpg

image-1071835651.jpg

When stressed they can ditch their heads. With proper conditions, they will grow back. I'd think that the dendro would be upsetting it and might be the cause of it ditching its crown.

Possibly... He was laying on it for the last day or so... Is it normal to release like in the picture?

I put it in again, don't know why, and fed the rest of the dusters. He stayed in and fully extended. Then the next time he looked he had retracted back into the tube, crown and all... Very confused. Like I said never had a situation like this before

Ime they lose there heads from stress and malnutrition. It will grow back but be smaller and if it still suffers malnutrition eventually they starve to death...

Back
Top Bottom