Fish dying 1 after another

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you don't smell bleach it is not in force.I don't think that is it.
I bleach plenty of stuff.
A extra dose of what ever dechlor you use will work also ,but exposure to air does break down chlorine.
Now how about that soap???
Do you really need it if you are bleaching ? I would be way more cautious around surfactants than bleach ,but that is me...It would definitely choke a fish if enough was still in the residue? It does not evaporate or brake down it MUST be removed...

Yes definitely. I think op did fine with that. Just alot going on in a short amount of time.

Its just my opinion. I know it wont be popular. But id restart tank.

My water supply comes from my well, I didn't think their would be chlorine in that
And I can't kill the remaining fish (on purpose anyways), their is five still alive so starting over isn't an option

I'll definitely skip the soap next time and stick to a tad of bleach to clean the bucket

I have always had a well. But would still use prime. Its just good insurance. All well water like public water isnt created equal. I have some incredible well water but still use it.

Good eye nirbhao

So is prime used for removing chlorine or a mixture of everything that is needed to balance water ?
Is it at all possible that some of the fish couldn't handle the ich treatment, I did use a bit less then recommended because it said if you have small fish as well to use a smaller dose
And could it be possible that the ich had affected some of the fish to a point where they couldn't bounce back?
I've been sitting and watching them for a bit, non at this point seem in distress, fina are all nicely up as should be, they are not hanging near top of tank, seem generally to be actin far more normal and comfortable

And would Prime just be a different brand of what I've used for balancing the tank?

Just tested water again for ammonia n3 and n4, coming back perfect
If I had too much nitrite would that not affect all levels.
I've read a bit about cycling and it seems they all play a hand in hand as it goes through the cycle. So would my ammonia and what not be showing a reading of .25 or higher if I did in fact have nitrite issues?

And I do appreciate all the help!!

I've checked and no store carries it within a 100mile radius
I'll have to order it off line

So today should I do a 30 to 40 % water change and add some of the water conditioner I have here
Until I can get some Prime?
Or leave the tank be and hope the cycle finishes soon ?

I've told him several times to get prime he said he's using an off brand water treatment, he also doesn't have a nitrite test, ph or nitrate, said he's getting prime and the test kit soon,

Back
Top Bottom