Fish dying 1 after another

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel as if I'm having some sort of issue with my oxygen levels. Does nitrite levels being to high effect amount of oxygen.
If my nitrite levels are high, what would be my game plan for lowering them?

Yes the fish suffocate, hence why they are at the surface, their gills also get burned hence why they're clamped, there is no ammonia remover in a filter can u give me the make and model of the filter so I can see what you're talking about?

It's 1:30 here, prime is the best water conditioner is made by Seachem called "Seachem prime"

Here is one the the three parts that go into my pump for filtering the water

Attachments

• IMG_3470.jpg
    IMG_3470.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 56
I'm unable to get to a pet store right away as the closest is well over an hour and a half but Walmart is only about 40 minutes, would they carry ph and nitrite test kits ?

I'm unable to get to a pet store right away as the closest is well over an hour and a half but Walmart is only about 40 minutes, would they carry ph and nitrite test kits ?
No they wouldn't, pet smart, pet or, do not buy fish from those places though, also Amazon if you have an account

Okay that's called media, that never gets changed, that's what your benefical bacteria grows on

The only spot close to me that sell fish is pet smart, it's where I got these fish.
Other then that I wouldn't even know the next closest one
I know our walnsrts do have quite an aquarium selection (use to sell fish but not anymore) maybe I'll call in the morning just to double check

They don't have the api master liquid test kit, and Google for more places by you, the store I go to I didn't even know existed

I'll try but I'm pretty sure it's the closest and the next would be around 3 hours away
Also I'm not sure what you meant when you said "that's the medium" etc

Media, is the surface that your beneficial bacteria grows on, the rock cylinders in the mesh bag is very good that you have that

So for now should I start doing some 25-30% water changes ?
Try to bring the levels down that way, until I get somewhere to buy a test kit and that Prime you were talking about ?

Yes and maybe sure you temperature match and condition the new water you put back in

I would do bigger wc. Obviously tank parameters and Ich were a big factor. Curiosity....what did you clean the tank with when you got it.

Good lol just checking. I read all the posts. Just sounds like tank wasnt established and sick fish on top of that.

Id make sure parameters are good and ich is gone. Id wait for new fish till I knew wq was there.

After the ich treatments the water was cloudy and was reading between .25 and point .50 so did a large water change and added the stuff that says it will imediatly balance the water. The water cleaned up within a day and my anmonis levels returned to zero.
I'm wondering if I had done sometbing that I just now thought Of that might have caused my last casualties
After using my stainless steel bucket to remove water and then add some back
I washed that bucket with hot water, dish soap, and a dab of bleach. Let it sit for a while and then dumped water out and rinsed bucket liberally with hot water.
The bucket was then dry before reusing again.
I figuree this was fine as I have my food and safety handling course and know using a small amount of bleach with sanatize the area and then be safe to consume off of after air drying

Sounds like several things happening at once. Non cycled, meds, possible bacteria bloom, then the bb starter.

Not sure what fish you have left but id start all over if it were me.

Back
Top Bottom