Fish dying 1 after another

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
During the initial partial water changes I was using "aqua plus tap water coditioner"
When I did a larger water change I instead added "cycle: biological aquarium supplement" which is suppose to immediately establish safe biological aquarium environment and powerful responsive ammonia and nitrite elimination
It also claims it allows immediate introduction of fish
This is the brand he says he was using, then used the other, I recommended prime and to get the api freshwater master test kit he stated he would dijon but the fish store is an hour and a half away and the only fish store he had is pet smart, I advised him not to get fish from there and to look up on Google other fish stores as pet smart isn't a place to get fish from.

Oh I know we talked quite a bit yesterday morning, he has an AC which is a good thing, explained to him what media was, etc etc I was just posting that he did say he was using a water conditioner.

He is a she lol
But yes, I'm getting Prime as soon as possible, and the kit. I have to order off the internet because it's not carried anywhere near me. I'm still a bit confused as to why other brands wouldn't work, like the one I used after doing my major water change but that's neither here nor there at this point
Thanks for letting me know, several times ?
I really do appreciate all the input as to what could be causing my issues
Thanks everyone!

Sorry lol, names can be confusing lol, others do work but not as good as prime.

Prime® removes chlorine, chloramine and detoxifies ammonia. Prime® converts ammonia into a safe, non-toxic form that is readily removed by the tank’s biofilter. Prime® may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/nitrite toxicity. Prime® detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them. It will also detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels.

Yeah I didn't know if we could post the link so I just copied what prime does, good job though that's where I got the information from

But i don't know where she lives some places you cannot get prime I know in the UK you can't get it unless you order it if the Internet

In the site listed, I typed in my location and got zero results in 100 miles
I live in Canada.
35 minutes away is a walmart
95minutes away a pet smart
3hours away, possible other pet stores but too far to travel.
Other then that, I'm kinda limited

Thanks again for the help, hope I didn't make anyone hyperventilate from all those "deep breaths"

Lol nope I'm good, try typing in a different phrase try aquarium shops, freshwater aquarium some places are not listed as a fish store like mine is aquatic treasures

If there is none and you have to buy from pet smart I would look online for places that ship fish or set up a quarantine tank, pet smart don't really take care of their fish, well not the one by me anyways

I did think of a pet food store in my local town called feeds and needs. They use to carry fish but got our of it. They have high end quality products. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they maybe carry it.

Y'all have to understand I had zero knowledge before starting this endeavour other then the basic:
You set up tank and wait a while
You add fish but not too many
Fish poop and that creates ammonia
Ammonia bad
Once the fish have been in the tank a while the tank becomes established and fights the ammonia
You can then add more fish.
The end.
I didn't know about the different stages if the cycle, that ammonia isn't my only concern, or that they would all die because of my lack of knowledge.
I bought the good filters, I added the right number of fish, I added water conditioner. I honestly thought I was doing a good job, and now I know it's really not that simple
Lesson learned. Too bad it was at the cost of those poor fishies lives ?
I honestly feel absolutely terrible, atleast my little guy (which is who I set then tank up for) isn't old enough to know yet that all his pets are dying AND that the ich case started before my 14 day warranty expired ??

They don't have to die though, you can do a fish in cycle you just have to do water changes daily to keep the ammonia and nitrite at 0 while the filters build up beneficial bacteria, I'm going to show you an embarrassing picture of my tank when I first started and a now picture only between doing this 3 years and came so far but so much more to learn, is not a lost cause believe me I thought the same you can still save the fish, water changes daily, live bacteria in a bottle, api, Seachem products

Ugh here you go first pic is when I first started second is my tank now and It's still a work in progress
f646b9f43cf79d67b203f79310639756.jpg
ba747b81f4780214470d6f60928ac945.jpg

The funniest part is my mother in law has gold fish and the odd different type of fish. Every spring they go out in an out door tank, come in during the fall. Generally by the time she gets to setting up her indoor tank for the winter the outdoor tank has a layer of ice on it. She uses 2 indoor tanks during the winter. When it becomes time to clean it she completely does a 100% water change and sets up the second tank with all new water. She uses zero products in her water, no water conditioner, Prime or anything
She doesn't have the three insert filter system, just the basic one large foam type filter, she doesn't use a heater, has never used a kit for testing ammonia levels, literally nothing AND SOMEHOW she keeps the same fish for years.
One living to ten years old!
And I'm over here doing daily or weekly water changes (always keeping some to maintain what little balance I have) adding products to try to balance water, the whole shebbang ��
She literally told me last week that she think she people add too much junk to their fishes water, that that causes more issues then anything.... I'm like HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE ��
Oh it'll come, learning experience for me !

so if I had of chose gold fish, I wouldn't have had to worry about the cycle of my tank balancing and the whole bit.
Just a huge water change every once in a while and they'd be good ?
Tempting lol
No, i like the idea of the type of fish I got. Just gotta get the proper stuff and I'll be set
I think I found a good website to order fish off of too .... once my tank is established of course !

Back
Top Bottom