Please help pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
R.I.P. Dory:( ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405552763.390530.jpg At least, I think she's dead. She's not moving but her fins are. What do I do? I moved the tank
a bit and she is definitely alive but can't swim very well. She also has a speckled white tail, those aren't from ich we they? I think she had them before but I really don't remember.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

She's not dead yet. Some would say to Euthanize her but personally I wouldn't. Either way, you should consider getting a 10 gallon as a quarantine tank. You can get a starter kit with the hood, lights, filter, heater, and tank for about $40, and gravel for about $10.

She's not dead yet. Some would say to Euthanize her but personally I wouldn't. Either way, you should consider getting a 10 gallon as a quarantine tank. You can get a starter kit with the hood, lights, filter, heater, and tank for about $40, and gravel for about $10.

it's on my list, actually. I just haven't had the time to buy it and cycle it and set it up. Once my tank is finally healthy I'll be able to first add plants then get a quarantine and finally add the new fish.

I don't know if she's dead or not. She's completely still but if I blow on the water she moves her fins. I have to go to a party now so I guess I'll have to checkin on her once I get back. If she's dead, I'll flush her I guess.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

That'd be for the best. I guess I never realize how expensive fish tanks are.... I've gotten extremely lucky and I've been given 3 55 gallon tanks for free. Two freshwater, one saltwater, two stands.

That'd be for the best. I guess I never realize how expensive fish tanks are.... I've gotten extremely lucky and I've been given 3 55 gallon tanks for free. Two freshwater, one saltwater, two stands.

Her gills still have movement but she cannot swim very much. I hate to see her like this, she loved the open space.

I can't believe you got those tanks for free Ö lucky you!

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

One of my DGs is staying at the bottom a lot buttes pretty shy.....I hope he isn't getting it too:eek:

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Gouramis have never worked for me for some reason ._. If his stomach gets smaller or his eyes bulge, separate him.

If mollies don't work out the best livebearers (an easiest to breed, and hardiest) IMO are platies.

Gouramis have never worked for me for some reason ._. If his stomach gets smaller or his eyes bulge, separate him.

If mollies don't work out the best livebearers (an easiest to breed, and hardiest) IMO are platies.

I feel kind of tired and depressed about my fish dying. I've given so much of my dedication and love to them and cried evey time they died. I'm sorry I'm complaining and everything, I just really want them to be happy and healthy and not stuck in a bowl for the last couple hours/days of their life.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

I completely understand. Aquaria is an art and it takes time to get it perfect. I've had a fish die the past 3 days, it happens. Life can't happen without death. I know you'll get it someday.

I completely understand. Aquaria is an art and it takes time to get it perfect. I've had a fish die the past 3 days, it happens. Life can't happen without death. I know you'll get it someday.

Thank you Istrom. I hope that day is soon. :)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

As for me, this morning I discovered that my German Blue Ram isn't well... this is truly a sad day.

:'( They're one of my favourite fish. I wish you well Istrom, you have given me advice that no one else in this world could beat. Thank you so much, for absolutely everything.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Back
Top Bottom