Strange dot on Syno

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Caliban had a case of hith and saw improvement within 3. I should know if I need to switch or double up and if it's not working.

Or do you think I should double up? Do you think I should do the kana first or go this route?

I'd say stick with JLK's plan. You'll end up with too many chiefs and not enough cooks otherwise (so to speak). Metro seems quite good all by itself so hopefully a good chance and give him bit of a break. My thoughts anyways.

Just took out the Crypto. I'll do the metro soaked food tomorrow.

I think maybe the HEX Shield Food I bought wasn't effective because it was small? So hard to say how much to give him?

I'll be soaking Hikari carnivore pellets in it, as they're the perfect size of his mouth.

should I dose the water as well? I only did metro food. not sure if I should dose the water as well

I thought a little more on this and me I would try the medicated metro food.

If that doesn't work then onto trying metro, kana and furan 2.

Alright. He's not any worse and might be a bit better.

And yes the amount in the food is quite significant. The pellets are very white.

They may not be any better but not any worse.. I'll repost again with my readings. Just checked up on the holes. :(

Ammonia is great, there is none. Temp is 80-81. PH I'll report to you soon.

There is also driftwood in there leaching tannins for the medicinal effect.

No it was 78 before. And yes, the BB has been through a lot. kinda surprised myself they're still hanging on.

4 today included. Just mixed up some Repashy Soilent Green since I've heard it could be from a lack of algae (sidenote: that stuff smells really bad.. I mean really bad, but in the animal world smelly usually means its good! Here's hoping, it looks like a great food).

I upped it maybe a week ago.. I might bring it back down in case it's bacterial. Honestly I can't tell if the metro is helping because I need him to be in light, and he is a synodontis so alas he doesn't like light. :p

4 today included. Just mixed up some Repashy Soilent Green since I've heard it could be from a lack of algae (sidenote: that stuff smells really bad.. I mean really bad, but in the animal world smelly usually means its good! Here's hoping, it looks like a great food).

I upped it maybe a week ago.. I might bring it back down in case it's bacterial. Honestly I can't tell if the metro is helping because I need him to be in light, and he is a synodontis so alas he doesn't like light. :p

Good quality food sounds a win.

Yeah, by now I'd be hoping for some improvement. Almost last option I can think of is combine furan2, kana and metro (plus reduce the temp back down again).

Does he hide away a lot? I've got one bn catfish that always looks a bit tattered. I think (this will sound bad) that he just doesn't look after himself. He has the best breeding spot and likes to guard it possibly. I've thought a couple of times he was badly infected (this will sound worse) to the point that I just wanted a result one way or another but he always bounces back.

He does hide a lot, but he's a Synodontis so they all hide a lot. I'll try to get a better look to see if he's gotten any better. He may have, but again, I need light, something he avoids.

Okay, just looked. Now to give you an overview, I'm giving him mysis shrimp (supplemented), thera+a, Hikari Carnivore pellets with Vitachem or Metro (3 metro pellets, 1 vitachem pellet), and now Soilent Green.

IMO, the holes are less deep. He had two big ones on the side of his eye, they don't seem to be as deep. I think he may have a bacterial infection as well, but those two I could see clearly and they didn't seem as deep/wide. I noticed one on him that seemed bad recently but I couldn't see it or if it was still there. I just fed him today's metro pellets (Day 4 pellets), so I'll check tomorrow.

In other words there's a very significant possibility his holes are going away. At the very least, they're definitely not any worse.

AH!!! good news!!! remember how I said he had a bad one below his eye that I didn't check? I am 90 PERCENT SURE IT'S GONE (sorry for caps, Im just so happy).

Now, the holes on his face are getting smaller, that one is gone, but the little clearish white pimples haven't left. IMO, that is bacterial infection. I finally have a handle on this!!! my life is complete!!!

Lowering the temp gradually. Is now down to 79.

Dela - how low should I go?

Good news. Really good.

And from memory the kanaplax worked before?

I'd say down to 76 or 77. Need to watch for fungal with lower temps but it will slow down bacterial infections.

I found columnaris would surge back at 79. But I think it was because I would get the temp down to 76 and stable for a few days, then another heat wave would come through and temp would spike again.

I think it was the sudden temp lift causing problems so better off having tank temp at say around 77 and stable rather than say shooting for a temp of 75 but getting temp fluctuations (hope that makes sense?).

It does. :)

No idea what is doing it, but something is. I just double checked again to make sure I'm not crazy, and they definitely are shrinking. It's a slow advance, but it's happening. I compared a photo I took of him to what he is now and a lot of those have shrunk or left. He also had a spot on his tail - don't know what it was - healed up, no sign of it.

I'll lower it a little bit more. Thanks for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom