Tetra With Red Lump on Fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twestacott

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a tetra that has developed a red spot on its fin. It almost looks like a pimple. No other fish.have this and all fish are active and eating.

Ammonio and Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5

Any ideas?

A picture would really help with IDing the problem.

What's the pH and water temp? And what are the readings today?

I havent been able to get a clear picture because he is too fast. The temperature is around 79 and PH 7.6. As for the other readings they were still all at 0 except.for Nitrate which was around 5 this morning.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120423_121030.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120423_121030.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 105
6 Black Neon Tetra, 4 Zebra Danio, 3 Golddust Mollies, 3 Pumpkin Platies and 3 Albino Corycats

The tank is 36 gallon

And it's only the one tetra that has the spot? How long have the tetras been in the tank?

Have you noticed any fish picking on him?

Just the on fish has the mark. They have been in the tank for probably 6 weeks with no aggression I have noticed

Someone else might know more, but I'm thinking it could just be some kind of sore, perhaps from the decor. If that is the only fish showing signs, and he is still active and eating, and your parameters are good, I don't see how it could be anything else, someone can correct me, but parasite worms don't usually show up on fins to my knowledge. Usually it's the main body.

Just keep an eye on him and watch for any changes, and keep up your water changes. If there is, let us know!

Back
Top Bottom