Mushroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coltonwsmith

Aquarium Advice Regular
Came on the live rock I received...
I apologize for the blue picture. My camera wouldn't pick up the white. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394166483.869966.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394166495.562743.jpg

Could you get a better pic? I think maybe a candy cane or trumpet, but im also brand new to sw so who knows. Thats what i believe, especially since it doesnt looked like any mushroom ive seen

Is it completely soft or does it shrink into a skeleton? A better pic would definitely help

It's completely soft. It becomes quite droopy when the lights are off, however when turned on, within about 10 second it has fully perked up. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394170014.052246.jpg

Looks like a severely bleached mushroom to me. The fact it still has faint color and it is responding to lights I suspect it will make a full recovery.

Looks like a severely bleached mushroom to me. The fact it still has faint color and it is responding to lights I suspect it will make a full recovery.

+1. Move it to lower light and low flow and it should recover. General rule of thumb, bleached=to much light browning=not enough light.

Back
Top Bottom