My first riparium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it, what plants have you used? And do you plan to keep any animals in there?

I don't know the names of the plants to be honest :( sad I know these were all growing in pots on my porch but are all water loving
I'm thinking of adding a betta to it

What are you using for light?

It is pretty.

For a Betta, you want to make sure to get filtration and make sure there are at least a couple of gallons of swim room for him.

You could jump start your Bettas filter pad Beneficial Bacteria by adding it your filter if you already have one 3-4 weeks would give you a great start.

What are you using for light?

It is pretty.

For a Betta, you want to make sure to get filtration and make sure there are at least a couple of gallons of swim room for him.

You could jump start your Bettas filter pad Beneficial Bacteria by adding it your filter if you already have one 3-4 weeks would give you a great start.

No light yet I plan on shopping for one tomorrow I'm thinking a clip on lamp. And now I'm starting to question if I even have enough water for a betta
???? I do have a filter though

No light yet I plan on shopping for one tomorrow I'm thinking a clip on lamp. And now I'm starting to question if I even have enough water for a betta
???? I do have a filter though

Check for a daylight 6500K or 6700K Spiral CFL. I can't find them around me almost anywhere, but other people report the find them all over the place.
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2903524

That is the 100W, depending on how far away from the light it is and if it shoots all the light straight down or half goes up through, say a lamp shade. You may not need it that bright.

Mine came from Ace hardware, and not all of the daylight ones are the same Kelvin / K rating.

Also saw a plant grade light bulb a Walmart in their pet/ fish /aquarium bulbs.

And Zoo Med has one that is called Ultrasun.
6500 K daylight self ballasted compact fluorescent lamp
Ideal for all freshwater, marine, and reef tanks
Excellent color rendition for optimum viewing
Promotes photosynthetic processes in plants/marine algae
Fits standard medium base

All good for growing plants!

Looks like you are off to a good start. If you are concerned about having enough water volume, can you eliminate some of the land space?

Check for a daylight 6500K or 6700K Spiral CFL. I can't find them around me almost anywhere, but other people report the find them all over the place.
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2903524

That is the 100W, depending on how far away from the light it is and if it shoots all the light straight down or half goes up through, say a lamp shade. You may not need it that bright.

Mine came from Ace hardware, and not all of the daylight ones are the same Kelvin / K rating.

Also saw a plant grade light bulb a Walmart in their pet/ fish /aquarium bulbs.

And Zoo Med has one that is called Ultrasun.
6500 K daylight self ballasted compact fluorescent lamp
Ideal for all freshwater, marine, and reef tanks
Excellent color rendition for optimum viewing
Promotes photosynthetic processes in plants/marine algae
Fits standard medium base

All good for growing plants!

Thanx for the info I did go buy a betta today and he seems to have plenty room :) ill go buy the light stuff tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom