What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what's it going to be?

A freshwater or saltwater?

FOWLR/FO/Reef?

How will you place the LR? Just a few questions!!

Great looking setup though!!

Edit: Oops...didn't realize there was more than one page...heh.....very nice!!

The finished product looks fantastic. You were probably the main inspiration for my setup. I just got my 55 up and running. I still have a lot to add to the room and the tank. What do you think?

Great looking setup! You've got it looking clean on both sides, I wish I could have done it that way. Keep us updated. (y)

Where in Fl are you located?

Thanks. We had to build a new wall to make the tank fit.

We are in scenic New Port Richey. Where is Defunialk Springs? Can't say I've ever heard of it.

Last time I was in New Port Richey, I was picking up my LR from Mike, great area! I guess you have access to all the rock you need for that tank. I use to be stationed at MacDill AFB from 87-92 and lived in Clearwater.

Defuniak Springs is right above Ft Walton Beach about 30 miles. I can see I-10 from my front porch. Ive been stationed here at Eglin AFB since 93.

We do like the area. It is getting more crowded every day. We must be too picky about what goes in the tank because we are having a difficult time finding anything.

I've been in that general area before. I spent some time in Niceville and Fort Walton. Pretty beaches, but it didn't look like much else was going on though. Even so, I would imagine it is better than being deployed right now.

what are your plans for aquascaping? planning something like that to be viewed from two sides is pretty difficult.

Well its been a while since I have reported on my project . This last couple of months my wife and I have tiled the floor, painted and made a desk out of colums from the pottery store. We went for a Atlantis type theme, check it out!

that looks absolutely amazing. id love to do something like that one day when i own instead of rent!

now how does helfrick access his tank, when it's in the middle of a wall? upstairs through a hole in the floor? haha

-brent

That is simply amazing. Wouldn't it be nice for all of us to one day have something of that caliber? :jump:
Well, many congrats to you and your wife on a wonderful job.

GrndHog said:
As of right now I have about $750 into it and that includes the construction, tank and sump. By the time I'm up and running I figure I will have about $1200-$1500 into it.

I had a link on here, somewhere of my progession but I cant seem to find it, sry

I went back and was looking at the earlier posts and someone asked me about $$$. As you can see i quoted $1200-$1500, LOL!!!!

Try double that!

Back
Top Bottom