1st annual Aquarium Advice Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im rather partial to BC. Given thats where im employeed.

Any chance you can grab me a brochure or two fishfreek, to bring back home? :mrgreen: I think that would be a good reason to go down..

I'm just checking out the Biology program at Bridgewater College Mom, I'll be back later today, it's quite a drive down the road..

I would suggest making it a legit reason. If you are having reasons to doubt your parents' interest in this venture, then I would suspect they would be extremely unhappy if you decided against telling them.

Visiting a far away lfs and a college would be the best way to bring it up. You're better off skipping it if it causes distrust and wouldn't be worth it. Tell them you're talking to two pastors on the same site and they both recomend a guy called "freak". lol I would take Aaron's advice and let them call him if they want.

Tell them Franklin is doing the online dating thing and you wanted to check out the references on his girlfriends.

reefrunner69 said:
Maybe a SE US gathering as well, wouldn't you all love to see north FL?

Oh yeah, now you're talking! Sorry Aaron, I won't be able to attend. I wish you all the best time! Also, don't forget about the gathering at The Fish Store in October (ask Bernie about it!), but the date has not yet been determined.

Have a great time!

24 hours? NE! said:
I would suggest making it a legit reason. If you are having reasons to doubt your parents' interest in this venture, then I would suspect they would be extremely unhappy if you decided against telling them.

Visiting a far away lfs and a college would be the best way to bring it up. You're better off skipping it if it causes distrust and wouldn't be worth it. Tell them you're talking to two pastors on the same site and they both recomend a guy called "freak". lol I would take Aaron's advice and let them call him if they want.

Thanks for the advice 24..I dunno what to do.. I know this isn't the place to vent parent angers...so I won't do that now..but we'll see I guess.

I would really like to go though, since it's so close, and I've nothing else to do, but I don't wanna get them uncredibly upset at me either if they found out...which I don't know how they would.

I like the college visit, that, they'll go for. Then, a talk about visiting a really cool lfs in the area, and I think it'll work. Might need to get directions from fishfreek to the nearest lfs, so I can go and buy something to take back to MD with me...lol.

Thanks guys, we'll see how it plays out :?

Just remember, trust is something that takes a long time to earn and only a few seconds to lose. It can take years to earn it back.

IMO, your better off telling them the truth, and either asserting your adulthood (just remember bills suck) and doing what you want, but not lying, or skipping it.

Please dont lie to the parents. Last thing WE (me and Kevin) want is to have some parents angery with us and the site. My idea with the colleges is to seriously take a look at one/some in the area if your interested in doing the college thing.

I agree totally about being on the level about the trip, and give them as much info as possible, like names and addresses and phone numbers if they think something horrible is going to happen. Don't forget that Charlottesville is not that far (UVA) and Blacksburg is not too far away either (VA Tech).

It looks like a frog hair under 2 hours for me - gonna get a T-shirt made up so you will know who I am :D

I'll be happy to bring a dish or something if needed.

Rev, my daughters are almost 4 so they will be thrilled if you bring your little girl.

Wife told me I should get a small pool for the kids to play in so they are nto bored. Of course I see thru her plot. She really is just looking for another excuse to get one for her. There was a nice little 10X5X2 inflatable job at walmart.

Guys...i think im going to have to bail out on you. This past Sun, one of our Backup Generators failed during a scheduled power outage so we had a larg part of our network crash on us. I already had scheduled downtime for the 7th and 8th, but now i have have to take the network off line again on the 14 and 15 for service as well to address the generator issue. :( :cry:

Hey Reefrunner,
Thanks for the kind comment. It's been rough. I have posted this thread on another forum in case there are any AA members there that missed this. Hope that's okay.

Gonna be a last minute decision for me, but I'd really like to come. let me star working on the wife, I got enough time to most likely get her royal highness' blessing to attend this illustrious event!

This means I'm a definite maybe!

Sorry to hear your wowes stresco. Those generator tests are definatly nerve racking.

I don't suppose anyone is passing by French Creek, WV?
I'm about a 5 hour drive (was at one of the parks there for a combo birthday for my aunt and uncle) but I honestly don't think my dad's car can take another trip over those mountains so soon.

If anyone has room to take one more and wouldn't be going too far out of the way let me know.
There doesn't happen to be a GreyHound nearby, does there?

Might not be able to come anyway, I need to find out when I can move into the dorms up in Morgantown, I'll get back to ya'll on that

**edit**
First Day of semester is Aug. 23, so if I can get there I'm golden

It would be super cool to attend this but I have to cover for people for the whole month of August. I am taking a quick break starting today and returning on August 3rd so that I don't have a nervous break-down.. Oh wait I think I already did.. :wink:

Can't wait to hear all the stories!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom