Fish names. :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CallMeIshmael95

Aquarium Advice Regular
I can't be the only one that names all of my fish! Post a picture of your favorite fish with their name, what kind they are, and what makes them so special to you. :)

This is Bon Jovi, my marble molly. He runs my tank. He treats me just like he acts towards his four female molly tank mates and makes sure he is the center of attention every time I'm at their tank. I've even caught him fending off fish that are mean to Tuna, the lonely guppy in my tank, and breaking up fights. :)

image-1330635411.jpg

What's In A Name?

Hi! Yes, I have named all of my fish, too. (I am not good at taking pics, so I can't upload any, but I can tell you about my fish children.)

First, there are two black lyretail mollies--my favorite kind of fish. They joined a lone regular black molly. I started calling them Peter, Paul, and Molly, but after reading up on them, I believe that one of my lyretails is a female, so now they are Peter, PAULA, and Molly.

Molly is relentlessly chased by a lyretail creamsicle molly. I debated between calling it Wallowitz, Dan Fielding, or Casanova. I decided to go with Don Giovanni. I love the look of lyretails, but the temperament between Don and Peter is like night and day. When I change the water (which I am doing frequently, due to my not knowing about cycling until after I bought my fish), I find that PP&M often give me "fish kisses" when my hands are in the tank. (Not Don Giovanni!)

Rounding out my fish family are two platies (Sunny, the Sunburst, and Wags the Red Wag). Then I have a pleco named (what else?) Pleco and a little Chinese algae eater who is quite comical. His name is Weird Al.

Glad to know I'm not the only crazy person who names the fish! Tell me more about yours!

Lynn

This is Blue, my electric blue ram :)

image-822282081.jpg

Here's Flare, my veil tail betta :)

image-2119858328.jpg

This is Jerry the snail :)

image-2157760313.jpg

I have Bon Jovi the marble I've shown. Then I have another marble female named Delilah. Two lyre tail cremesicles named Vienna and London. A silver molly female named Elaina. A black male named Wesley and two black females named LaQuisha and Penny. I absolutely love mollies. They're definitely my favorite. I can never seem to keep guppies or platys alive either, even when I did own them the never had near as much personality as mollies do. The mollies tanks mates include a dwarf gourami named Peaches and 6 red minor tetra school that I call the Gilbertsons. Then I have two bettas. Mercutio (Marco) a veil tail image-2764736853.jpg And Benvolio (Leo) a crown tail View attachment 156867

Attachments

• image-1919293323.jpg
    image-1919293323.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image-456564582.jpg
    image-456564582.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 54
And I accidentally uploaded a picture of one of my friends from high school... Awkward...

Back
Top Bottom