Moving fish and tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrwizard

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, I'm moving my freshwater tank a few miles down the road on Saturday, just wondering out you think is best, I've got a 3gallon bin that I could keep all my smaller fish in(black phantoms, cardinals, corys and rasboras), just don't know what to do with my large angel, I don't want to put him in the 3gallon with the smaller fish as there won't be much room in there as it is. Any ideas?

Andrew McFadden said:
I always use 5 gallon buckets

I think the smaller ones will be ok in 3ish gallon, I might buy a 5gallon bucket just for the angel tho, I don't trust him in such a small space with the littler ones lol

I'm moving next Saturday. It's only 10 min away. Do I need to move all of my water too? I have a 45 gallon and I'm not sure how to move that much water. Thanks

Chance said:
I'm moving next Saturday. It's only 10 min away. Do I need to move all of my water too? I have a 45 gallon and I'm not sure how to move that much water. Thanks

I'm only taking about 3 gallons worth of water with me which the fish will be in, I'm leaving the sand in the tank 2 to try save some bb, plus I have an external filter and I'm not gonna drain that so that's about a gallon or so in there also.
I think if you got a big enough bucket to fit all ur fish in just fill it up with tank water and take that, you might wanna put a heater in there also if there gonna be In there til u set the tank bk up. Hope that helps :)

mrwizard said:
I think the smaller ones will be ok in 3ish gallon, I might buy a 5gallon bucket just for the angel tho, I don't trust him in such a small space with the littler ones lol

They will be fine

Chance said:

How many and what size fish do you have? I have always used 5 gallon buckets to move everything and only took the water in those buckets. And as soon as I got where I was going setting up was the first thing I do. You want your filters to keep the bacteria so they need to be left wet or full of water.

I only have five fish. Te largest being a two inch clown. I was thinking I needed to save 30 gallons but three sounds much better

Chance said:
I only have five fish. Te largest being a two inch clown. I was thinking I needed to save 30 gallons but three sounds much better

If this is for saltwater i think it might be different, I'm moving freshwater fish.

Back
Top Bottom