Pardon me while I burst into flames...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
going too shatter an old record of 100* + High this year of 110*
old record is 60 day's!! Had 55 day's so far with The Hottest month still too come (August) :nono: Going too be Nice and cool today only 101*

105 heat index, NW Columbus, Ohio right now.

It seems to get like this here every 10 years or so... 1999 was hot, so was 1988... last night was the hottest evening I remember here since my birthday in 88... low temp overnight of 80... yikes. Looks like some storms are coming though so hopefully we (and my garden plants) get a break.

They're at at least accustomed to it. Far from normal here to have a heat index in the 120's. I like heat too, but there is a limit.

Finally cooling off :dance:

@ 2:45pm:

Effort, PA
102.7 °F
Feels Like 116

Panama, Panama
91 °F
Feels Like 105 °

Last edited:
@ 10:15am:

:huh: I've seen some heat waves on the east coast, but this one is becoming historical and for some deadly. I'm glad I don't service air conditioning anymore :lol:

Yesterday the heat index hit 108F(real temp of 100F), but didn't do so until 2pm :ermm: I can only imagine what it will be at 2pm today :hide:

Anyone else on the east coast with a weather station?

---
If you have AC, double check that your filters are clean. A dirty filter can greatly reduce efficiency, and on a day like today can be the difference between maintaining and not maintaining temp.

A sprinkler to lightly mist the condenser outside will also help if you are having difficulties cooling the house. Too much water on it is not good as you can cause liquid refrigerant to enter compressor(not a good thing). Just a sprinkler that will moisten the cooling fins will help greatly (y)

I live in Michigan and we had a heat wave for the last week or so. It is finally nice out today with a cool breeze. I think our heat index hit 105 yesterday, and it has been 95 degrees out for the last 3 days. I normally try and keep my air down (up? :p) to save on heat costs but I have had it running for quite some time this last week.

Okay, made it back home from the oven. It must be frying people's brains out there because I saw 2 different accidents (1 happened directly in front of me).

I walked outside to check the mail... not that terrible, the air is moving. Probably because some big storm is coming. 109 heat index at the OSU airport.

My favorite weather tweet from yesterday:

"@Fake_Dispatch Fake Dispatch

BREAKING: Just found out what the opposite of wind chill is. Stuck my arm out the car window and pulled back in a charred stump."

I am in Central CT. Temp 96-101 with heat index 110. Had to put AC in just to keep fishes cool, hot fish swim sideways. Not good. All the tanks are in my living room. Funny thing there is no AC in the bedrooms. Really don't want the electric bill.

Sorry guys, but I have to "deal" with this stuff

Detailed Local Forecast

How to Read This
  • Today: Mostly sunny. High around 65F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
  • Tomorrow: Mostly sunny skies. High 72F. Winds light and variable.
  • Sunday: Plenty of sun. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 50s.
  • Monday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 50s.
  • Tuesday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 50s
Oh, my family back in Co hates me as well for this, so go ahead *LOL*

Beautiful tank melosu58!
Ok, I need to put my two cents in...My husband is a mail carrier who works in these types of temperature extremes all summer, all winter, all year long.
Remember not to take your carrier for granted. As much as people want to complain about the mail service- they are there for all of us in the heat, snow, thunderstorms and humidity. My hubby had heat stroke yesterday and back at it today.. I'm in Wisconsin- suffered last few days- humidity better today-hold on east coast-its coming your way!
PS I didn't know fish swam sideways in heat!? Don't they always?
LOVED the weather tweet! LOL!!!

I live in So FL and we've been dealing with these hot temperatures since April. You guys get maybe a month and while it is crazy hot, I woke up this morning at 6am and it was 87 and felt like 95 with 80% humidity... AT 6AM!!!!!! I was sweating just walking to my car.

Yes, I'm also don't want to rain in your parade.
But here in South California we will be with a max of 82 ..... Which is really hot for us ....
Lol

Record has Fallen 62 Day's of 100* +
26 Consecutive day's in triple digit's :devilish:

Back
Top Bottom