The Fish Name Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KonvictKeeper said:
I am a bigger FW fish. I get about 10" and do best in tanks 55g+. I am a Central American cichlid. MY main colors are, blue, black, green, and brown. I have a red stripe down the top of my dorsal fin. People like to feed me feeder fish but it's really not natural for me. My teeth are in my throat, not my mouth. So I am best suited for insects and crustaceans. I am extremely common in the aquarium trade. I am usually sold quite small (1") and cost about $2-3. Oh and I like to box (hint hint)

Jack Dempsey!

konvictkeeper said:
i am a fw fish. I get quite large (2') and am quite a weird shape. People call me an eel, but i'm really not. I am mostly black and like to eat bloodworms. I also burn (hint hint).

fire eel!

I am a BIG cichlid. I am an American. I get about 1 1/2'. I have an amazing pattern. I am mostly brown with black. I have a few names, one is that of a cat. I need a pretty darn big tank, most recommend a 125g+ for one of me. I am often sold very small at LFS and people are sometimes not informed of my adult size. Meow...

Oops, I didn't really know what exactly a Raphael cat was, a just saw something about one on a cichlid website. False advertising!

I wouldn't have gotten that. I've never heard of that fish. Looks like I have more research to do, lol.

Back
Top Bottom