What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water changes! I'm watching my 56 drain right now. Man I love having a water changer. Vac the sand then sit back and watch the water drain away

Me too!! Thought I was strange....but love the gravel vac and watching all the yuk get sucked away!!! Tempted to do a bit often :-/

. lol we have 3 tanks in our living room.. which is cramped bc we have a single wide trailor now.

Ouch, I'm living in one of those too right now, and I can't imagine 3 tanks of any size in just the living room. I've got mine kind of spread out in different rooms to make it work. Also kind of planning on slowly turning an extra bedroom into a fish room, hehe...

If all goes as planned I will be picking up and acclimating 6 female Bettas. Going to try a sorority again, this time in a much bigger tank. Also picking up my white sand and getting it in my 10 gallon. If I can get a ride to the LFS.

Edit - I have a ride to the LFS! So, looks like a day of sand rinsing and fish acclimating is go! I hope the lady at the fish store got some pretty girls for me!

Edit - got everyone home, cups are floating in the tank. Not looking forward to rinsing sand, though...

Yea .. he is fixing to have his own for his blue crayfish/crawfish .. lol we have 3 tanks in our living room.. which is cramped bc we have a single wide trailor now. i did talk him in to tryin neon tetras with his tank n see how that works been told its a 50/50 as the blue will eat fish.. he is killing me with all the albinos he wants ..

Ordered 4 albino socolofi , 4 albino ob zebras, added 2 more albino cories to the 55g , n he wants a white crayfish/crawfish in a 10g.. i dont like any of those but the socolofi which i talked him into over the albino zebras.. :/ they arrive thursday along with some more i choose
4 pseudo. Chasoli , 4 pseudo. macrothalmus ob , 3 cyno. Zebroid yellow blaze (got a male already)

Cant wait to get them in ..

A crawfish will eat anything and everything most of the time. Good luck!

50 % clean on my bettas tank and filters rinsed. 40 % clean on my elephant nose tank and rinsed filters.

Water Changes

Hello Aa..

Just water changes as usual. I change out half the tank water every week. Water is really cheap. I've found over the years, that by changing out that much water every week, I never have to test the water chemistry. I know it's always stable. I think the reason for the constant stability, is that in just 7 days, there's no time for wastes to build up in the water, before the next large change.

The large, frequent water changes mean I don't have to buy expensive testing equipment or high end filtration gear. The small filters I use, are just filtering water that's already clean. Saves me money for another tank or some more plants and possibly more Corydoras, I have six species. They really thrive in the pure water conditions.

Just an observation.

B

Started up tank number 4...its going to be a reef!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130317_145743.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130317_145743.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 63
Finally got to remove the rock holding down the monster driftwood.

67720-albums11716-picture53412.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture53414.jpg

50% water change on the 10 gallon betta tank that is currently housing Lucky. He got kicked out of the 56 gallon to make way for the girls, although I had been wanting to move him for a little while now, as he seems to have damaged his fins in there and developed a mild case of fin rot. So he is being pampered right now, and soon I will be getting him his own tank, seeing as this one is earmarked for the black betta I have on order from aquabid who won't be here for a few weeks. For now he is helping keep it cycled. I have plans for multiple 5-10 gallons painted to accent the betta in it. He is red with slight green iridescence so I'm thinking green. He looked great in the green backed community tank. He just needs a tank with less flow than my over filtered 56.

Day 4 of the war on brown Algae. Picked up 2 Otos at the LFS....he only had 2 scrawny little ones..well .. not any more... they are well fed and happy. And the brown Algae is on the retreat. More snails were caught and exiled....I have alot of baby ones, and fear I will be catching alot more

Day 4 of the war on brown Algae. Picked up 2 Otos at the LFS....he only had 2 scrawny little ones..well .. not any more... they are well fed and happy. And the brown Algae is on the retreat. More snails were caught and exiled....I have alot of baby ones, and fear I will be catching alot more

Yeah, I'm with you on the snails. Last Sunday I pulled around a thousand tiny mts out of my 29 gallon. I'm def. Winning the battle, but I'm sure that I'll never win the war.

Yeah, I'm with you on the snails. Last Sunday I pulled around a thousand tiny mts out of my 29 gallon. I'm def. Winning the battle, but I'm sure that I'll never win the war.

I hear ya! LOL I am on the verge of just changing substrate to rid myself of the little buggers! And its a planted tank so so much work involved there! And having to dip all plants and recycle Blah! The little pests wont win!(y)

Back
Top Bottom