What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My nitrites jumped in my 3g today while I was at work. So it got a 75% wc! Three little one gallon got a 50% wc. Water in main tank was good, altho I expected the nitrates to be a little higher..

Giggled at the betta in the gallon tank when I peeked in to check on my daughter.

View attachment 88663

He literally sleeps in tiny spaces of the stones that are on the bottom. Thought he was stuck the other day but nope! He sleeps there every night!

Removed all the decor from my tank,thoroughly vacuumed my sand and did a 75% pwc.Had to carry 30 buckets of fresh water up the stairs to refill the tank.Its worth every step to keep my fish happy and healthy :)

Ordered 100 lbs of eco-complete for my 75 gallon...... now trying to muster up enthusiasm for changing the old substrate out completely and installing new....... not so big a chore on an empty tank, but a bugger and a half when the tank is established with driftwood, plants and fish..... :hide:

LyndaB said:
Ordered 100 lbs of eco-complete for my 75 gallon...... now trying to muster up enthusiasm for changing the old substrate out completely and installing new....... not so big a chore on an empty tank, but a bugger and a half when the tank is established with driftwood, plants and fish..... :hide:

Ouch. Ive been there

LyndaB said:

Yikes! Thats alot of dirt. But just think about how much your plants are going to love it! Sounds like a good project for the weekend.

Applied some flourish excel to treat some BBA in my RCS tank and shot my self in the eye with excel.......yeah....not pretty.

Spent an hour shopping for PFS and finally found a pool store that had it. Well they were closed and I saw it through the window LOL

Asked myself the big question

Yellow labs

Or

Angels......

Nursery clean out
16 gal clean out
55 gal clean out

Go and buy some sand for 55 clean it and replace the gravel in there already....

Add beta to 55 and supervise him

Edit: this is for you LyndaB!!

View attachment 88815

Changed the water in my main tank, but forgot to buy plant nutritions, so they'll be hungry till tomorrow :/

well I couldnt post yesterday...but yesterday I sold 6 black skirts. did a 40% wc in my 55 gallon and 29 gallon added a big fake plant in my 29. made a list of the things I need for my 36 bow front build when my family and I were taking shelter during a tornado warning. lucky we didnt get hit!:) but TODAY I will enjoy my tanks!:)
here is a pic of my 29 semi planted:

ForumRunner_20120415_121558.jpg

Added a Nutrafin CO2 system to my new 20g long. Added a couple of plants from the fluval edge. Spent way too much time watching the little bubbles travel up the diffuser ladder. Nothing else to look at since in the middle of a fishless cycle (sigh)

Did a 40% water change and vacuumed the substrate. removed a 14" piece of driftwood as it was starting to tint my water (left two smaller pieces) I arranged my 10 ciclid stones in the area the wood was so my blood parrots still have their little area to hide.

Replanted a few plants and did a bit of trimming.

Just dumped Easy Life fluid filter medium in it so it is a bit cloudy.

image-1400371211.jpg

Getting ready for when I add my two 30" T5's with dual bulbs and a 18W UV sterilizer next weekend. Might pick up a second eheim pro so I can double filter.

I cleaned one of my two filter pads for my hob filter and did a 10 gallon water change. I also fed the koi the tank contains.

Freaked out over .5 ammonia
Huge 75% pwc and gravel vac
Got it down to 0
Contemplated wether to get meds for what looks like ich or just heat it out
Thought about adding RCS

Back
Top Bottom