What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woo! Got (almost) all the small tanks done! All three 10 gallons plus the jarred bettas got a nice big water change. And my spawning tank that still has the smaller fry got a nearly 100% change so I could move it and make the makeshift stand a little better and more even. One of the milk crates wasn't holding up to the weight of the full tank very well so I swapped it for a sturdier one. Jarred fry got a complete water change. Taking a short break then I will change Ziggy's water. And then tomorrow I will take care of the two big tanks and the cray tank.

Believe it or not it is my room of 10 gallon tanks that is the biggest pain to care for. The big tanks and the cray tank are in reach of the water changer, and I can pick up Ziggy's temp 1.5 and carry it to the kitchen sink. The others I have to use buckets for, which isn't a big deal, but I empty and fill the buckets in the hall bathroom which is where we keep the kittens most of the day when we can't supervise them. So if I am the only one home, like I was most of the day today, I can't really do water changes without having to worry about the kittens getting in trouble elsewhere. As I am typing this one found it's way into the stand of my 56 gallon tank despite the door being closed... Oh the joys of young kittens... And the momma is due again any day now... She was pregnant again when she brought us her first batch of kittens. And you can bet she will get fixed ASAP after she gives birth. This is a stray who adopted us probably right after giving birth to the kittens we have now.

Do you want a 5 month old golden retriever puppy too? Kidding of course, I'd never giver her up even though she's a pain in the___!

Discovered this morning that my betta has,what I assume is, the very early stages of fin rot. Looks like I'll be bumping his 50% water changes up to 2-3x a week for awhile.

Pwc change on my elephant nose tank and had to get my hubby too do a mad dash to my lfs this morning got up to my filter not working! Bought a new pump and it's as good as new.
My betta isn't looking good :( i think he's dying, we're all upset about it especially my son who has become very fond of him.

I'm a day behind posting. Yesterday was a big day. I did my weekly pwc on my DT. I stupidly took my magnet cleaner to clean a spot and didnt check it well enough for sand. I made a light but visible at the right angle scratch on the inside of the acrylic. Oh well, bound to happen sometime! Someday Ill sand it out, but for now ill just live with it. No more mag cleaner in that tank. Sure doesn't affect the fish, just bums me.

Then yesterday, I did final prep on my QT and brought home my peppered cories. This morning with the fish in for 24 hours, I ran water tests and so far so good on a big piece of seeded filter material providing an instant cycle. I'll be keeping a close check. Too soon to test for nitrates, but ammonia and nitrite were 0. I've got six 1.2 in. fish in there and am running an AC 30 on a 10 gal tank. Aqadvisor says my filtration is 173% and my stocking is 103% but that would be for adults and these corys are still youngsters. I checked and these are tank bred. I do have sand in the QT for them as well as 4 plastic plants to give them some cover. I'm observing them as I type this. Awesome little fish!

Last edited:
My 20 Long finished fishless cycling earlier in the week, so I ran a couple of ammonia doses during the week to verify it cleared it all in 24 hours. Friday night did a 95%+ WC.

Saturday morning transferred 7 male Endlers and 2 Mystery snails from the 6gal desktop to the 20 Long. In that process I managed to uproot most of the plants trying to catch all the Endlers, so I went ahead and did a major pruning, replant and WC on the 6G...:facepalm:

With only a single Mystery snail remaining in the 6G, I went to the LFS and bought their last 9 Red Cherry Shrimp, brought them home, acclimated and added them to the 6G.

Spent most of the afternoon sitting in front of the tanks watching the show...:popcorn:

Life is good...:D

My 20 Long finished fishless cycling earlier in the week, so I ran a couple of ammonia doses during the week to verify it cleared it all in 24 hours. Friday night did a 95%+ WC.

Saturday morning transferred 7 male Endlers and 2 Mystery snails from the 6gal desktop to the 20 Long. In that process I managed to uproot most of the plants trying to catch all the Endlers, so I went ahead and did a major pruning, replant and WC on the 6G...:facepalm:

With only a single Mystery snail remaining in the 6G, I went to the LFS and bought their last 9 Red Cherry Shrimp, brought them home, acclimated and added them to the 6G.

Spent most of the afternoon sitting in front of the tanks watching the show...:popcorn:

Life is good...:D

Sounds like fun. Congrats on your cycling!

What did I do with my tank today?

Looked at it while it sits on the petstore shelf still!

I know the feeling. I have a hex tank paid for and held for me and I still haven't even seen it in person because my car is in the shop. My boyfriend found it and bought it for me. Hopefully my car will be ready in a few days so I can go get it. Should gave had it already but my new engine arrived at the shop four days later than it was supposed to...

I did a rescape on my dirted 10g man was it nasty. Added diy cow to it and put riccia in it. I adjusted a couple stems in the Betta tank. It looks a lot better. And I added a couple plants to my riparium.

Have a fish acting strange so i checked all parameters everything normal alittle ammonia but no big.deal just .25 wnt ahead and did a small water change since its gasping at the surface and acting strange i kept the water lower like Andrew M suggested .. only thing i have done different is change to seachems primer ... i hope my fish is ok.. this makes 2 days she has been like this ..

Just fed everyone for now. A little later I will change the water for my jarred betta fry, but I want to give them time to eat first.

150g Amazon tank cycled stable and bulbs planted, partial stock qt of Dempsey fry, mating pair of golden convict juveniles and 3 3 inch purple diamond pacu, perfect parameters for 3 months. 90g coldwater hex with one red capped white oranda and one chocolate oranda and pond snails, 40% water change. 65g oddball low tech, uninhabited as of now, getting blind cave tetras on Tuesday provided everything stays stable in my tank. 60g heavy planted hi tech SE Asian blackwater biotope, cycled and stable for a week and a half, added 6 Rosy barbs, still have loaches gourami and betta plus green tiger barbs, did a 50% change. Set up and started cycling my oscar/ cherax lobster 55g bow front. Did a 75% change on my Dempsey fry quarantine 5g (only in there until he reaches 3 inches so my pacu and convicts don't kill him- he's only an inch long). Did a 75% change on my 5g black kuhli loach and xray tetra tank. Did a 50% change on my 30g qt tank with pacu, 30% change on my 10g convict qt and an 80% change on both my 20g oscar qt and my totally overstocked 50g SE Asian biotope/ misc schoolers and cherax tank. I can't wait to be finished with all these projects!! More to come.

150g Amazon tank cycled stable and bulbs planted, partial stock qt of Dempsey fry, mating pair of golden convict juveniles and 3 3 inch purple diamond pacu, perfect parameters for 3 months. 90g coldwater hex with one red capped white oranda and one chocolate oranda and pond snails, 40% water change. 65g oddball low tech, uninhabited as of now, getting blind cave tetras on Tuesday provided everything stays stable in my tank. 60g heavy planted hi tech SE Asian blackwater biotope, cycled and stable for a week and a half, added 6 Rosy barbs, still have loaches gourami and betta plus green tiger barbs, did a 50% change. Set up and started cycling my oscar/ cherax lobster 55g bow front. Did a 75% change on my Dempsey fry quarantine 5g (only in there until he reaches 3 inches so my pacu and convicts don't kill him- he's only an inch long). Did a 75% change on my 5g black kuhli loach and xray tetra tank. Did a 50% change on my 30g qt tank with pacu, 30% change on my 10g convict qt and an 80% change on both my 20g oscar qt and my totally overstocked 50g SE Asian biotope/ misc schoolers and cherax tank. I can't wait to be finished with all these projects!! More to come.

One thought, wow that's a lot right there!

Added 6 RCS to the shrimp tank. In the planted tank, got to try out the new aquatic plant scissors tonight and cut down the Bacopa caroliniana to a reasonable height. The previous cuts are now producing two sprouts per stem...hope it continues moving forward.
1309GEF.jpg

Added 6 RCS to the shrimp tank. In the planted tank, got to try out the new aquatic plant scissors tonight and cut down the Bacopa caroliniana to a reasonable height. The previous cuts are now producing two sprouts per stem...hope it continues moving forward.

Beautiful tank fresh2o. Whats that super green plant in the front?

Great looking tank!

One thought, wow that's a lot right there!

Lol, I'm the worlds worst aquarium addict- I've been devoting every spare second I have researching and experimenting- and my pay off comes now with my finished products, just chaos until I can get everything stable.... Tired just thinking about it!!

Beautiful!!

Back
Top Bottom