What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good and bad...

Well moving things around and getting a new couch so had to move my 72G tank across the room. Did a 75% water change and slid and pushed that big boy and got it moved and change in like I think 30-40 min! Fast! And it looks perfect where it is now...where I originally wanted to put it. ;)

Cleaned out the cover of Salvinia Minima and Duck Weed in the 72G...needing to take that over to the Koi pond for the fish to eat.

Added water to the 37G.

Saw my 6 Otos so they are all there (minus the one that got stuck in the Gobys mouth. He is seemingly doing just fine too after the incident.)

That was the good. Now the bad...

Noticed a little grey white patch on one of the Otos backs and a fat lip on one of the blue Cochu Tetras so I will try treating the Maracyn 2 when I get home tonight from work or in the morning. I am off work for 2 days and can monitor the tank, a little unsure/nervous after the pH crash last time. But hopefully everything will go fine. And I can get rid of this nuisance illness in the tank.

I need to get this fixed so I can condense/move my healthy fish out of the 37G into the 72G and rehome some of them and the 37G tank.:facepalm:

Always something!

Went to my lfs this morning to check on the porcupine puffer I rescued from CL on Thursday, and he was sold already! Made me happy. Went to pick up rocks, and ended up buying a 50 gallon bowfront setup, canister, and a little 5 gallon. But no rocks. Going to make the bowfront a salt water, and put maybe an angler or a fumanchu lionfish in it with some live rocks. I'm still researching all of that stuff though. Not sure what I'm going to do with the 5, but they threw it in the package for free so I wasn't turning it down. Lol
Just spent the past 4 hours deep cleaning and restacking rocks in my tanks, and everyone seems so much happier now. Today was a success!

Attachments

• image-4068276669.jpg
    image-4068276669.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3491240867.jpg
    image-3491240867.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 52
I found 2 dead otos not too sure what happened tested the water all was perfect (0,0,5) did a 50%pwc just to mske sure

So sorry for your loss. I just got my first otos a few days ago and they are great little fish with lots of personality.

Feeding frozen food, since I will have a new spawning tank soon. Might as well start conditioning my bettas early!

Noted a bunch of new runners on my dwarf sag. Looks like my Ludwigia is finally starting to grow more. Now that I have otos I can leave the lights on longer.

Managed to kill one of my favorite Zebra loaches while doing a WC :(. Sad day, he s in our pet cemetery now...

Wife wanted to rearrange some things in the home office so she suggested that I pickup a new stand. Found one at Petco reduced from $109 to $52. Put it together and drilled a hole for electrical wires and CO2 tubing. Removed about 95% of water (fish did not like it, but catching danios in a mod/heavy planted tank is insane) and moved it. Refilled with Prime treated water (fortunately it is WC day), hooked up the DYI CO2 (added a check valve) and things are bubbling away.

So sorry for your loss. I just got my first otos a few days ago and they are great little fish with lots of personality.

I love them I have been keeping them for years. My first real loss, so down to 7 from 9 not the end of the world. I just don't want to keep the rest alive

I tested for ammonia and stared at the 4.0 reading impatiently 3 days into cycling my new tank. ;)

Clean my tanks... what do you know as soon as i finished i went to make sure i didnt knock any rocks loose n poop everywhere that i missed... :/ happens everytime in the africans tank.. i swear they hide it from me lol

Once everything settles n i get off work ill reclean it or atleast spot clean

The more I look at the new stand I got yesterday (it has sliding doors), the more I dislike the one I bought for the bedroom tank a few months ago. That one has NO doors in front and costs twice as much as the new one. :(

Took out the only amano shrimp i had because it died due to killifish. About to do a water change on both of my tanks.

Topped off with distilled water. Took day old zucchini slice out, and gave the meat eaters a bloodworm treat.

Found two new Mystery snail egg clutches!

I still have one little one from the pet store but nothing has happened yet, maybe this week or they just probably didn't make it.

Sorry to hear about all the fish losses the last few days.

Pwc on my elephant nose tank and filters rinsed.
My betta is looking a bit better today which I'm pleased about, really think he's improved after adding almond leaf.

Just added some chaeto today not sure about the way I have it setup. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image-1414662787.jpg
    image-1414662787.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 70
  • image-1283411865.jpg
    image-1283411865.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 101
  • image-3590685812.jpg
    image-3590685812.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom