What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutely nothing. Was at an auction most of the day. Setup, various tasks, cleanup. Sold a bunch of plants, bought some good portions of red root floaters and subwassertang. Witnessed a lot of folks with MTS buy fish left and right. Super deals on fish and equipment: Fluval 404 $50, AquaClear 70 $22, 20 long $14, pair of 10g tanks $4

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Awesome!

Fretted over my own MTS and how to reduce (still trying to work out the fish combos I want and what I have with which tanks... again, rather - still)

Been (trying to) reduce over feeding to the tanks, especially to the 72G.

Fed frozen foods of all types last night, Plankton, Brine shrimp, Tubifex Worms and Krill. Some of the little fish were scared of them :/ Today the MTS and RH are eating well. Just a tiny amount of food tonight.

Got emails that I might be getting 3 used tanks in the next few months, an Eclipse 6, 10g, and 20h. Have absolutely no idea where I'd put even one of them...

And busy with the tanks here at home. Newest betta girl went in the 16g a couple days ago. No problems there so I took down the temp 2.5g.

The new 10g is now in the living room just holding plants while all of this is going on. I'm considering this for substrate, think think it's kind of a middle ground between Tahitian moon sand and white. I ordered a double sponge filter to run for a while in conjunction with an established sponge filter from one of the nano tanks.

Rocks, red ludwigia, and hygro came out of the Spec. Since it's moving to my desk so I decided not to change the substrate. There's a nice cluster of dwarf sag that I'll most likely leave in, four pieces of cholla wood, najas grass. The two remaining pygmy cories went into the Evolve; sold the micro rasboras.

So the Spec will be shrimp only. The big blue betta girl will move into the Evolve after the shrimp are out. The dwarf amber barbs made their switch. I started moving red rili out but discovered a lot of shrimplets. Forgot how incredibly tiny they are and at that point it was late so I'll be dealing with them later today.

The is the blue girl, largest female I've ever owned both in physical size and personality. Will be nice to have her in a tank on my desk :flowers:

img_3289529_0_373e2bbbfe84873ebe86c762d2629b64.jpg

And I remembered to do ferts in the other tanks :dance::dance:

Water change on the 55 gallon. Added another sword this one rosette variety.

Did a final filter cleaning on the pond and removed the UV bulb before a frost comes. Repotted water Lily's and irises. Finished the bog area so next season can add more emerged plants.
Largest goldfish is now about a foot long. Deer Net has stopped any Herron losses so still have entire stock for 3 years going now :).

Did a wc and cleaned the filter media on my 20L yesterday. Thee new corys made it apparent how dirty the sand was. They kick up a lot of junk while digging...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Glad you finally got them, I've been so happy with the color and the fact that they aren't shy. Is that Turkish hazel on the left in the first pic?

Yes!! It is Turkish hazel. When I first put it in the shrimp swarmed it. They really seemed to like it. Definitely worth it imo :)

Yes!! It is Turkish hazel. When I first put it in the shrimp swarmed it. They really seemed to like it. Definitely worth it imo :)

I got some a few weeks ago, definitely a nice, different look from cholla and cones. Took a long time to sink though.

Y'all with your nano fish and fancy shrimp...
...love it! Perfect for smaller tanks.
13+ hour work day ? Hoping to get to the tank before lights out.

Y'all with your nano fish and fancy shrimp...
...love it! Perfect for smaller tanks.
13+ hour work day ? Hoping to get to the tank before lights out.
This from fancy plant guy :rolleyes: Get some sleep!

Caught four Endlers fry. They're growing so much more quickly now that they're in the net instead of general population.

Bought a dual sponge filter for the new 10g, currently have it running in the 16g. Going to order sand tonight for the 10g as well.

img_3290106_0_d18fe5fcedf8414a9ccc736c2a6640c2.jpg

This from fancy plant guy :rolleyes: Get some sleep!

Caught four Endlers fry. They're growing so much more quickly now that they're in the net instead of general population.

Bought a dual sponge filter for the new 10g, currently have it running in the 16g. Going to order sand tonight for the 10g as well.

img_3290132_0_d18fe5fcedf8414a9ccc736c2a6640c2.jpg

? What?
Nice looking fry. Btw lots of endlers at the auction. I'm so gauche; they look like guppies I had when I was a child.
Tomorrow I will have time to do a midweek water change. BBA starting appear in droves so I need to step up with the water changes.

? What?
Nice looking fry. Btw lots of endlers at the auction. I'm so gauche; they look like guppies I had when I was a child.
Tomorrow I will have time to do a midweek water change. BBA starting appear in droves so I need to step up with the water changes.

Guppies? No way :eek:

img_3290159_0_87d405197b16b3c2fa51cdb561d9cb2b.jpg

Just took that pic yesterday, they're so darn fast it's difficult to get good photos. Really like that I'm starting to see some blues on them :flowers:

Guppies? No way :eek:

img_3290172_0_87d405197b16b3c2fa51cdb561d9cb2b.jpg

Just took that pic yesterday, they're so darn fast it's difficult to get good photos. Really like that I'm starting to see some blues on them :flowers:

Yup those are what we also called Guppies, also with real Guppies. My Grandpa had a Huge water trough packed with these guys (hundreds) and it was darn pretty.

Those are pretty Theresa - looking good. The sand you mentioned somewhere, CaribSea SuperNaturals is awesome sand. I enjoyed having it in my tank, mine was basically white (too white). That middle color is very nice.

I talked to a few of my fish and told them we were gonna be mixing it up a bit here and there. Some of them were excited, though a few were very apprehensive about the changes. My 3 Phoenix Rasboras and one remaining Chili said they were getting bored and welcomed the idea of new tankmates. The Chili said he hoped in his old age he would live long enough to see the new friends arrive. I told him the auction is coming up very soon and I was hopeful.

In other news, my filter in the newer 6.6G Edge stopped working after I changed the power strip, I was in a hurry and plopped in an airstone which in only a few days waterlogged the LED with it's pops of liquid from the surface of the water :/ and it is a big, big mess, like a swimming pond in the light bar.

This makes water damage in 2 now, both with the LEDs, not impressed with the water seal or lack there of, around the front of the light bar.:bad-words: Kinda mad about it. I am the second owner so I don't have the paperwork or I would be calling Fluval again. They sent me a replacement light (on the first Edge tank we got) on the one we actually did buy new (halogen) earlier model pretty long ago now, to replace with LED as they didn't make the halogen light bars any more.

Water change yesterday and finally picked that stick up and put it in the corner. Not sure why my swords have barely grown though, they've been in there for a couple months now.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1444350651078.jpg
    1444350651078.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by a moderator:
I remember as a kid all you could get were gray guppy's , now theirs so many mixes and the colors are amazing ,

just wanted to show you all how i attached java moss on bogwood.

before
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444398549.965046.jpg
after 4 weeks
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444398581.447920.jpg

Got a bag of fluorite and a finnex planted 24:7 fully automated LED light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom