What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a water change on my puffer tank, not the 50% I like to do but I only had enough salt mix to do about 40%. I need to put an order in at petco.com again for some, my LFS is an expensive place to buy salt mix.

i worked on all of my tanks tonite and i'm wiped out! media change on three tanks, a little wall scrub on the salties, sifted the gravel on the angel tank. everything looking good now :dance:

I did a water change on my puffer tank, not the 50% I like to do but I only had enough salt mix to do about 40%. I need to put an order in at petco.com again for some, my LFS is an expensive place to buy salt mix.

Buy 50lbs of them from drfoster&smith (sp?). only cost $40. buy 2 packs of them for free shipping. Should last you several months and save you more money.

Terrance said:
Buy 50lbs of them from drfoster&smith (sp?). only cost $40. buy 2 packs of them for free shipping. Should last you several months and save you more money.

Thanks, I've never ordered from them before. That would last me forever!

Did a 20% pwc on my 10g birthing/fry tank. My 1 mickey mouse moon appears that she may have aborted her pregnancy :-(

Yea, I done everything I could to try and save/keep fry but to no avail. Before I could see what appeared to be little fish eyes towards her rear but now I don't see anything

I did a 6 gal water change on the 55. Moved my swords so they'd get more light and the Anubias to where they'd get a little less light. Put in some root tabs and dosed some leaf zone. The whole time I had my arm in the water my long fin leopard danios and my neon black hi fin variatus nibbled on me. It tickled!

I also had to remove bits of a broken thermometer from my 5 gal soon to be pico reef.

I tested my water. After a solid 6 weeks my tank is finally processing some ammonia. (Some colonize by Doctors Foster and Smith helped it along a bit;))

I just dropped some finely chopped raw shrimp into all of my tanks. The marbled crays latched on, the angels and guppies swarmed it, and my puffers demolished it as usual. I can't make seafood for dinner without sharing a little bit, lol.

Alyxx said:
I just dropped some finely chopped raw shrimp into all of my tanks. The marbled crays latched on, the angels and guppies swarmed it, and my puffers demolished it as usual. I can't make seafood for dinner without sharing a little bit, lol.

I didnt know you could feed freshwater fish raw shrimp. I'm going to try a little tomorrow!

I tried feeding everyone beefheart today. No one in my community tank seemed to care for it. My oscar and albino acf loved it!

Alyxx said:

I chopped up a little but of shrimp and my fish loved it! (rummy nose and neon tetras, leopard danios, Mickey mouse and hi fin platys, endlers). Even the little platy fry were getting excited. Interestingly enough though- my shrimp didn't seem to want any. I was hoping they weren't cannibals. My fish are spoiled! Bloodworms yesterday, raw shrimp today... They aren't even going to want their flake tomorrow. Maybe I'll break up an algae tab instead of flake. They like those too.

Finally started the fishles cycle on my tank, added sand rocks and stones to the tank :D

Went and picked up 2 cory cats from the lfs today. Didn't want to get too many at 1 time. How many do you all think I should have all together?

aaronjohn20 said:
Went and picked up 2 cory cats from the lfs today. Didn't want to get too many at 1 time. How many do you all think I should have all together?

How big of tank are you going to put them in?

added few new coral :D

did water change on feeder tank today water still bit cloudy though :eek:

going to do main tank tomorrow to get it ready for tues:cool:

caught a few blue leg hermits wrestling :popcorn:

lots of new corals coming on tues (y)

Trying this thing with the 150 before I move it inside. Canister has been hooked up and running now a couple of days. Tested the water (it actually has sort of a greenish cast now) and parameters are:

ph 7.6 ammo .5 nitrate 0-.5 nitrite 5.0

29 gal inside looks very clear, and has THIS for parameters:

ph 6.0 ammo .5 nitrate .8 nitrite 1.0

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last water change in 29 was a couple of days ago.

img_2077011_0_08cf644848152c02ab2640b07be568b8.jpg

img_2077011_1_940b161ac8efbfb95a8b5a52bd033075.jpg

I am having to wait on people to help lift and move this behemoth. It is incredibly heavy glass. Right now it is a little more than half full, and I am wondering if I might be able to save and use some of the water that is in there, since it seems to be cycling.

Back
Top Bottom