What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
topped off water in the angel tank and did some general observations on the others, and I saw the coolest thing. I introduced some hermits in the 44 corner earlier this week, some small some bigger. one of the bigger ones was chasing the small one and it caught my eye. next thing you know, the smaller one quickly came out of his old shell and stole another one! lol it was a shell from the crushed coral substrate that he apparently likes lol it was just so funny to see it happen

but now it introduces a new problem (and sort of solves another), I need empty shells for when they grow. this explains some of the ones I've found in the 75. oops.

Just finished up a 50% pwc on my 56 gallon tank and added two flexible bubble rods to it. Going to finally sit down, eat some dinner, then I'm at least doing a water change on my 5 gallon invert tank. I'd like to get the puffer tank out of the way too if time and energy permit, but I've been on my feet all day and they got a change more recently than the other two tanks so they can wait a day if need be.

Bought a bicolor angelfish with a chipped tail 2 days ago. Placed him in the tank and he had trouble swimming. Found him dead this morning and took the dead body back to the lfs. The owner gave me a very good deal on a Foxface for $10! Just finished acclimating him and he is now in the tank hiding in the corner.

Did a 50% pwc on 29 FW. Took out the rest of the gravel (thinking about doing sand in both tanks now). Going to test water tomorrow.

Took the Marineland canister filter on a test run. Watched YouTube video on how to prime it. Shop owner in it said you will find that tilting it gets it going much faster, and that this tidbit of info is NOT in the manual (which I do not have as I bought it lightly used from the lfs).

The only position I can get it to work in is completely on its side. There is something I am obviously not doing right.

Secured some of my more precarious rocks together with epoxy so won't have avalanches. 15% WC on SW tank. Scraped sides. Went to LfS, got 4 free live rock small pieces to attach coral frags to and attached my trumpet to one. That store rocks!! Im in there a lot! Lol Looks really great now!! Will save other 3 pieces of rick for other frags down the road.

Yeah I have a 150 gallon and I do 10-15 gallons daily instead of doing 75 gallons in one day. I like to do 50% weekly.

Doing water changes in the 75, 29, 10 and both 55's. Added some ludwegia to the 75. Cleaning filters and pads on all.

Readingexcalibur said:
Work like that takes the enjoyment out of fish keeping, I would go crazy.

I enjoy taking care of my fish. The more water changes the healthier your fish will be. It also makes them grow faster. Btw I'm only 15 so I have more time than most people on here.

I enjoy taking care of my fish. The more water changes the healthier your fish will be. It also makes them grow faster. Btw I'm only 15 so I have more time than most people on here.

Gotta give you a lot of credit 15 and that dedicated
good for you

actually it will stress them more IMO

but

like I always say to each is own:cool:

a little more than necessary

but

if it ain't broke don't fix it(y)

:fish1::fish1::fish2::fish2:

Really they don't seem to mind because most of my fish just sleep all day.

Back
Top Bottom