What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tested the levels in my new 10 gallon and the results were: Ph-7.6
Ammonia-0.25
No2- 5.0 off the chart
No3-0.5. Thank you seeded filter material! Also in my 29 gallon, noticed my java ferns have been getting busy 'wink wink'

pcdebb said:
Oddly enough I have been losing damsels in my 75 lately. Parameters are fine but the diatoms were out of control. Thankfully my maroon clown is fine. I've since added some turbos and more blue-legged hermits and an emerald crab and it seems to be settling now. No more losses since. Would adding more live rock help or harm because I did that as well.

You can never go wrong with adding LR. It actually acts as a filter. The more the better :)

Duddits said:
You can never go wrong with adding LR. It actually acts as a filter. The more the better :)

I think I just started off wierd. The coralline algae is showing up on the new rock now and the diatom is disappearing. While watching the 75 I've been forgetting about the 44! lol but they've been fine. Added some turbos and hermits today

Did some tests today on my cycling 29 gallon tank. And saw nitrites and little nitrates for the first time! Just happy at the fact the cycle is actually moving along! Gonna do some redecorating tomorrow!! :)

Waterchanges all around. I also did a plant swap between my tanks. Not liking how my 10 turned out but we will see.

I added a black background to my 30

image-2037556213.jpg

10 gal water change
can't find my dotty back (confused):blink:

so I went about doing maintenance on my other tanks
low and behold cleaning brackish tank
who do I find my dotty back

don't know how he got in there other than the tank being under my salt tank
the thing that confused me is both tanks have full covers with no openings anywhere :fish2:

and he seems to be ok so it's time to acclimate him before I put him back in his real home (y)

Bubbles0oO said:
Waterchanges all around. I also did a plant swap between my tanks. Not liking how my 10 turned out but we will see.

I added a black background to my 30

Looks great!! :)

I just got my replacement filter pads for my marineland emporer 400 and purigen pouch in the mail. I replaced my filter cartridges and put the purigen in my DIY purigen bags (made from 2 layers of panty hose) and put that in my media baskets. I tested my pH and nitrates. I'll retest tomorrow to see if there is any change.

Planned out where to put new tank and how many able-bodied friends it is going to take to get it from point A to point Z lol

clearancepuppy said:
Planned out where to put new tank and how many able-bodied friends it is going to take to get it from point A to point Z lol

Point A to Z! Sounds like too many stops for me. How about A to B lol. I'm just messing with ya, we know what ya meant

It is reeeeeeally heavy. Tomorrow I test out the gently pre-owned canister filter while the tank still has water in it.

Today was very scary because there was, at the same time in this sleepy little town, a man found murdered in his home just around the corner from us (I did not know him), and an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic wandering around in a skirt. Apparently he slipped through the system after being housed in a halfway house, and was deemed insane after he decapitated his own mother and gouged his step father's eyes. The two stories were unrelated, it turns out.

Did water tests tonight. Nitrates and nitrates need to come down. Too tired to remember numbers. Winding down this 29 fw tank in prep for big one so almost have all gravel out and down to two caves, one for eel and one for pleco. I will probably keep it running with just the pink gourami and albino cory.

Attachments

• image-1528832336.jpg
    image-1528832336.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 86
clearancepuppy said:
Did water tests tonight. Nitrates and nitrates need to come down. Too tired to remember numbers. Winding down this 29 fw tank in prep for big one so almost have all gravel out and down to two caves, one for eel and one for pleco. I will probably keep it running with just the pink gourami and albino cory.

Yes, is there fish in that tank?! The levels seem to be reading : ammonia: 0.50ppm nitrite: 1-2 ppm nitrate:80ppm. All levels need to come down.

Yes, everything on my profile list is in there. Going to do a water change now.

As I said, it was sort of a terrifying day here in the country yesterday. :hide:

Last edited:
I need a life, I'm a 22 year old guy and 7 on Friday night I had nothing to do, pwc/gravel vac on both tanks? Why not, I have nothing to do. Thought I sucked up a ghost shrimp but I missed him. I need a job, hobby and a girlfriend. WAIT! I have a job, which supports the hobby, so all I need is the girlfriend lol. Life is good.

I need a life, I'm a 22 year old guy and 7 on Friday night I had nothing to do, pwc/gravel vac on both tanks? Why not, I have nothing to do. Thought I sucked up a ghost shrimp but I missed him. I need a job, hobby and a girlfriend. WAIT! I have a job, which supports the hobby, so all I need is the girlfriend lol. Life is good.

:facepalm:looks back 40 years:whistle:Now that sounds about right (sure don't miss the nagging though)(y) LMAO

Tetra1990 said:

Yea just make sure fish hobby is in ur girlfriend requirements lol

I was planning to do some water changes today, but my day took a bad turn very early. On the way to work a bee flew into the car and stung me on the arm. Not allergic, but when there is a burning, throbbing bee sting right in the crook of the arm you carry trays in, waiting tables is no fun at all. Went home early and just passed out from all the Benydryl I took. So the fish just got to be my relaxation once I got home. Now I'm just watching them devour some cucumber and squash.

Back
Top Bottom