Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-20-2013, 01:38 AM   #4901

Location: i dont remember. let me take my arm out of the tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post

Speaking of hemit crabs out of the 4 blue legs i put in the 37g only 2 survived due to the puffers hungry belly! Finished building the stand after 36 pieces of wood,63 screws, and some black spray paint!
He ate the hermies? Nuuuu! How did he get them out of the shells?

Old 10-20-2013, 01:42 AM   #4902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibsog View Post

He ate the hermies? Nuuuu! How did he get them out of the shells?
Hes a crazy little guy. He has a giant beak that he used to crack the mantle of one and then he just ripped the other out. The half eaten bodys just laid there inbetween live rock for a couple hours until someone or somthing ate them, must have been a crab or the puffer finishing his meal lol. My new blue tuxedo urchin found the cracked shell and is wearing it around the tank! They sure are stylish!

Old 10-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #4903

Location: i dont remember. let me take my arm out of the tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post

Hes a crazy little guy. He has a giant beak that he used to crack the mantle of one and then he just ripped the other out. The half eaten bodys just laid there inbetween live rock for a couple hours until someone or somthing ate them, must have been a crab or the puffer finishing his meal lol. My new blue tuxedo urchin found the cracked shell and is wearing it around the tank! They sure are stylish!
Wow lol
Old 10-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #4904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibsog View Post

Wow lol
Yeah urchins are funny! One time i had my peppermint shrimp die of unknown causes and he got stuck in the skimmer intake. We found out and unplugged it and as soon as we did the shrimp shot out into the puffers mouth. He chewed on it a little and then let it float to the botttom of the tank where the snowball urchin picked it up and set it on his back. When i tried to get it off of him he put up a good fight but eventually he decided to give it up. I love urchins...
Old 10-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #4905
Aquarium Advice Activist

Boyfriend dumped me last night...

Finally got the motivation to get out of bed around noon, fed the fish, and I'm cleaning their tank later today.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #4906
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkieam View Post
Boyfriend dumped me last night...

Finally got the motivation to get out of bed around noon, fed the fish, and I'm cleaning their tank later today.
Sorry to hear that, hope you have a good day today!

Turned on lights and fed all the fish.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #4907
Elephant nose Finatic!

Re homed all my kuhli loach today my elephant nose really doesn't like company so it's just him now and he's loving it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131020_231301.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	203331

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131020_231446.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	203332

Excuse the plants I'd just dropped them in
Old 10-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #4908

That dwarf puffer i got has ripped my fish to threads! Got home and found my rams and neons tails half missing and ragged. Hope they can survive until tommarow
Old 10-21-2013, 02:24 AM   #4909
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Re homed all my kuhli loach today my elephant nose really doesn't like company so it's just him now and he's loving it!

Attachment 203331

Attachment 203332

Excuse the plants I'd just dropped them in
That guy has given you the run around!!! Again and again and again.

Well...

Trip was delayed another couple days.

Oh and just to remember when you clean out your canister filter (like a very big FX-5) make sure to check behind the door for your lid gasket, or when you screw down the locks, the water will squirt out by the gallon onto the floor, drown your air pump and make an extremely HUGE mess.

Also you might as well clean out the impeller and motor too or you will need to unhook everything for a 3rd time to get it running again.

I cleaned the heck out of the thing with treated water and rearranged the media. Yikes was it murky in there!

The tank is a mess because of a cloudy filter blurp and just need that FX-5 to do its thing!!!

Picked up some Siamese Algae Eaters on sale for 1.49 each

I really miss my twin ones I had before. There were only 2 left so I now have twins again, I hope they continue to be pals when they grow up like my other ones.

My Betta seems to be moving around the tank more and tried to eat a pellet of food. Hope he is healing!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #4910
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

That guy has given you the run around!!! Again and again and again.

Well...

Trip was delayed another couple days.

Oh and just to remember when you clean out your canister filter (like a very big FX-5) make sure to check behind the door for your lid gasket, or when you screw down the locks, the water will squirt out by the gallon onto the floor, drown your air pump and make an extremely HUGE mess.

Also you might as well clean out the impeller and motor too or you will need to unhook everything for a 3rd time to get it running again.

I cleaned the heck out of the thing with treated water and rearranged the media. Yikes was it murky in there!

The tank is a mess because of a cloudy filter blurp and just need that FX-5 to do its thing!!!

Picked up some Siamese Algae Eaters on sale for 1.49 each

I really miss my twin ones I had before. There were only 2 left so I now have twin again, I hope they continue to be pals when they grow up like my other ones.

My Betta seems to be moving around the tank more and tried to eat a pellet of food. Hope he is healing!
Tell me about it! He's even started to roll all my snail's to the corner of the tank when he gets fed talk about grumpy!
Just noticed through the thread that you lost your shark, so sorry to hear this I know how much she meant to you.
It's nice to hear you've bought yourself some more Siamese algae eater's i hope they keep well for you

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com