What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a couple Amano shrimp today.

One really nice looking berried red female Cherry shrimp which has brown/Auburn traits going to add to my Chocolate Cherry tank.

And a couple packs of food.

Prepared SW for my nano tank pwc.

Try this link for the album
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/60074-albums14480.html

You forgot to mention "clear some space for plants".
Unfortunately, on the mobile app I get sent to a thread from 2005.
In web view I can see the thumbnails in the album. However, only 2-3 of the actual images show up. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, in the morning I will be clearing space for plants. ;D Lots of plants, lol!

:D :D :D

Argh. I wish I knew what I should do differently on the pics, this happens all time.

I will need to reload them again.
60074-albums14480-picture69706.jpg

60074-albums14480-picture69705.jpg

Well after looking at the fts, yuck, its blurry, but there it is anyhow - at least it loaded.

Last edited:
Yes, in the morning I will be clearing space for plants. ;D Lots of plants, lol!

:D :D :D

Argh. I wish I knew what I should do differently on the pics, this happens all time.

I will need to reload them again.

Well after looking at the fts, yuck, its blurry, but there it is anyhow - at least it loaded.

These pics look fine. And not blurry. When I take pics from my phone, the original resolution (file size) is quite large so I email the pics to reduce the file size from 1.2 MB to 100-300 kb. Then upload them to my Imgur account. 'Tis a pain but albums and the mobile app don't play well together.
Today I will be tagging and bagging plants. I've got some new foreground plants in mind.

Yes, it seems silly but I feel like the Fluval FX-5 is a giant monster under my tank, one I usually love, but on the day of reckoning...er cleaning, I get post traumatic stress from the day gallons of water spurted and glugged on two different trys to put it back together...just sayin.

I was going to do a pwc but had a quiet hour available (doesn't happen often) and hoped I could tackle it while it was sleeping.

Yikes was it ever mucky. Since can't remember when I did the clean out I am sure glad I did it now and didn't wait.

Here I thought I had been feeding less but there was a big plant die out to add in as well.

I plan to get the correct attachment so I can hook up a valve attachment with on and off (no leaking) to flush out water for pwc ease. Seriously don't know why I am so scared of anything to do with the monster (other than it has to do with nearly 80 gallons of water flooding my house.)

All good, it is quieter, and really blasting water through the tank. When I get the Hillstream Loaches again they will really be happy near the outflow.

One less thing to worry about while getting the tank ready for its new plants/rescape.

Last night did 3 gallon pwc on my 12G Edge. There was a dead fish, I think the little Angel I added over (temporarily) is pestering the Glass Cats. I will try to catch him and get him over to the 72G with his siblings.

Finally a pwc on the SW 5G. Need to rearrange and clean that out but for now 2 25% pwc this week to catch up some.

Thinking about the rearranging of the 72G scape. New year, new plants, new updated scape. Sounds good I think.

Gave some crypts and other plants to my friend to add to his tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1453058360173.jpg
    1453058360173.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 1453058371078.jpg
    1453058371078.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 1453058380997.jpg
    1453058380997.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 63
Here it is...needs a better background and light though. You can see Hassium/Astro/ fish by the thermometer.

Attachments

• 1453084221011.jpg
    1453084221011.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 55
I'm not gonna lie, recently I've been having a hard time even keeping up with my tank maintenance. I've just been worn out and exhausted with my new job then looking at how aquarium related work I need to do just makes me not even want to start :banghead: That's another part of why I haven't been around much recently.

But today, I was sitting around catching up on youtube subscriptions when I watched a few aquarium videos then I felt like just getting to work. I ended up moving a 90g and a 75g tank to their final resting spots along with the assorted contents.. My back hurts now :nono:

Tomorrow I am going to my favorite fish store (they were closed when I was ready to go today) and picking up a few things I need then back to work. I expect to have a various tank build thread up and running some time this week.

I did a 50% wc yesterday. Then a 50% tonight. Did that to bring my ammonia down to .5 cause yesterday was 2.0. My poor fishies skin. At least it's color is coming back.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not gonna lie, recently I've been having a hard time even keeping up with my tank maintenance. I've just been worn out and exhausted with my new job then looking at how aquarium related work I need to do just makes me not even want to start :banghead: That's another part of why I haven't been around much recently.

But today, I was sitting around catching up on youtube subscriptions when I watched a few aquarium videos then I felt like just getting to work. I ended up moving a 90g and a 75g tank to their final resting spots along with the assorted contents.. My back hurts now :nono:

Tomorrow I am going to my favorite fish store (they were closed when I was ready to go today) and picking up a few things I need then back to work. I expect to have a various tank build thread up and running some time this week.

It happens. That's why you should incorporate some "slack" in your setups. More forgiving systems will absorb the "bumps" of life. More piece of mind.
I tore up my planted tank tonight. Only took five minutes to do this:
S6kwzmj.png

I'm in the process of rescaping the tank so no worries.

After the success of the filter clean out I got the SW complete moved a coupel small stones and turned the tank around and cleaned the front panel of glass so you can see in there better. Cleaned the outsides sides of the glass from the creepy salt, checked that I need to add a little more FW a touch too salty. With the spoons worth of salt I scrape off the sides I don't know how it could have too much in the tank! Cleaned the little cover too.

The 72G is looking more clear after the filter change, and wiped the glass on the rest of the tanks where you can see them.

Pwc on the 12G Edge 2 gallons. Lost the little red Cherry Shrimp :( She got chased around a bit when the lady was catching her and she was med-big berried, she got acclimated like I would normally and the water supply parameters are basically the same anyway, so I think the stress got her.

Pwc on newer 6.6G Edge too and need to do the 6.6G original Edge. Pwc on BV tub and snail jug again.

Planted the tissue culture packs of
Cyperus helferi roots were looking a little dead, but got two large sized plants, 1 small (planted) and a few little runners planted in the sand of the extra misc. plant tank.

Staurogyne Repens 18 plantlets (planted these) with decent roots and about 6 that must have kinda broke off with only a root or two dangling threw into the misc & tiny plant tank.

I built my DIY water change system! It was a success and should make my life quite a bit easier now! 2 valve turns to drain the water, 2 valve turns and a button to fill the tank!

I pretty much spent all of 2015 not getting my work on the tanks done right, due to circumstances. Finally I can try to catch up.....a year, Mebbid. Life happens and we do what we can. Don't feel bad just keep moving forward. (y)

Did water changes on both tanks today. I'm slowly bringing down the pH on the 55 because of my lax water changes it has slowly creeped up. Only 20 ppm nitrates after 3 weeks without a change. I'm beginning to suspect that I bought 3 more male platys because I still don't have pregnant females.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tried to train my betta with the R2 fish school kit. He started attacking the feeding wand though.....he's not the best student :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom