What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just stared at mine getting ready to do a 25% water change. Silently hoping it will miraculously do it itself LOL.

My second light a finnex 24/7 came in today, now just waiting for my co2 parts to show up.
57e9405fe1a8f3f70a1a9eb3eed0a9fa.jpg

Up at 430 am to do water tests and general maintenance , working doubles coming up for the next few nights and with snow in the forecast who knows what that will do to my free time.
Figured this way I wont fall behind on keeping up on things.
Everything normal all three tanks for me.(y)

Tested my water because my fish was losing color again. So I tested my nitrites. I HAVE THEM! YAY! They were at 300ppm so I did a 50% wc. Hoping that brings it down and my fish regains color. I will retest tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Recapped the dirt tank with some sand, did a PWC on that tank and it cleared up a bit. Also hooked up the Finnex 24/7, it's awesome!

Bought far too many fish for my 75g.

5 harlequin rasbora
6 albino corys
3 siamese algae eaters
4 angelicus botia loaches

They are acclimating now. After that i acclimate my old fish to the new tank and add the plants.

I also bought an aquaclear 110 as well as a new piece of drift wood. uploadfromtaptalk1453335677576.jpg

Bought far too many fish for my 75g.

5 harlequin rasbora
6 albino corys
3 siamese algae eaters
4 angelicus botia loaches

They are acclimating now. After that i acclimate my old fish to the new tank and add the plants.

I also bought an aquaclear 110 as well as a new piece of drift wood. View attachment 284001

Looks like fun!

~~~~~~`

Went to the very far away lfs that actually carries nano fish to buy Green Kubotai Microrasboras and see what else they had. They only had 2 after having a bunch, so I bought them since I was there.

They had nano Anchor Cats aka Moth Cats and I was excited to see them in person and I love them, and they were on my nano fish tank plan, and will get some soon. But...

They had little Dwarf Cory Habrosus so I only got 6, but at 3.99 and 9.98 for the 2 Green Kubotai, decided I should wait for a week or two for them to get more Green K. and get the Anchor cats then. These are going into the Tangerine Tiger tank for now.

Still need to order a new light bar for my Edge tank. Didn't have enough time to visit any other stores, they had Clown Loaches for 13.99 yikes, so we didn't want to get any more of those today.

Yipee.

I am headed out to see what came in at the actual lfs this week.

Last edited:
I added some Otto's and some nerites to the 36g, ordered another 24/7 and a canister filter for the 10 gallon, fell into the canister theme, I am now a fan of them. No more hob's for me.

been going nuts all day trying to find live feeder shrimp but had no luck ,
I also ordered a lot of new corals hammers , torches , bubble coral , more encrusting goniopora's , quite a few zoa colonies , got a free kenya tree , and a grape coral ,
some cheato for the sump , also got a free yellow tang oh I love freebies
also ordered a new pump and some odds and end stuff for the tanks ,
still looking into a decent canister for my predator tank , also got to order a new skimmer as the one I have is on it's last leg

been going nuts all day trying to find live feeder shrimp but had no luck ,
I also ordered a lot of new corals hammers , torches , bubble coral , more encrusting goniopora's , quite a few zoa colonies , got a free kenya tree , and a grape coral ,
some cheato for the sump , also got a free yellow tang oh I love freebies
also ordered a new pump and some odds and end stuff for the tanks ,
still looking into a decent canister for my predator tank , also got to order a new skimmer as the one I have is on it's last leg

Sounds like Christmas in January.

It was kinda like Christmas for me today, I received a big bunch of plants of all sorts! A day early too. Sad thing was it was a work day for me. But tomorrow I will be playing with plants and DW!!! This is for the 72G rescape. :dance::dance::dance:

I added a little substrate and did a 30% pwc. Getting nitrites down. My test showed a small amount of nitrates. My nitrites showed up only 3-4 days ago. So I am moving a long nicely! :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So far got a bunch of stuff moved out of the tank and changed the DW around some to check some of the ideas I have had.

So far I like one the most but I have an idea for another which suspended the DW so it looks like roots growing into the water from the top.

The issue with that one is plants have already grown onto the DW and turning it upside down essentially, would be odd for the plants and the'd have to redirect themselves in the opposite direction. Not impossible though.

I have been waiting nearly 3 years for plants to grow on to this particular DW. :/

Doing this roots going down into the water means some degree of creativity to still use a glass lid. I have thought up using a metal bar attached to sides and back edges to which I can attach screws and slide to various places, being able to use long individual pieces not needing one magnificent piece.

Then also an attachment (bracket) with adhesive to the top of the glass I could screw a stick in.

Both of those with the water line at maximum you wouldn't see the attachments.

My other idea was drill holes into the top glass with rubber grommets in the holes to hold the screws and allow a little flex, as bumping a DW w/metal screw in a glass hole will likely cause a crack....

Where is Macgyver when you need him?

Back
Top Bottom