What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So much awesome stuff going on.

shellyx. I am wondering about a bacterial infection, at this point with the shrimp! That is terrible about the losses.

Pretty gorgeous Finley you have there!

~~~~
Tonight's news starts about that it was Colorado Aquarium Society (CAS) meeting night.

Wasn't intending on getting any new stock...

...except that there was a big bag of mixed Guppies and Endlers and I needed some to eat the mosquito larva in the buckets outside. I can't scoop the buggers up quick or thoroughly enough so the fish can do the job.

So I got this interesting bag of 20+ Cobra/Snakeskin and Endler for $12 or $13 (can't recall) - less than a dollar a fish. Thought it might be good for the buckets and pond for the summer. I can always take the fish back to sell at the mini or regular auctions if there end up being too many.

There were 4-5 really great looking fish in there. A huge female, a Bronze female, and a few nice looking Cobra and Green or could be halfblack Green Cobra, and several very pretty male Lace Guppy (one especially pretty tail), many are young so hard to know what all is there. There are a few with different shaped tails - lyre tail and sword. Anyhow some pretty ones even if they aren't probably gonna win a Guppy Standards awards.

I really like Guppies. The ones I saw from local breeders in the mid 1970's Delta tail shape and size were amazing. Not so much a few years ago til recently, have started to see some stunning pics of fish from mostly overseas breeders, some mind blowing fish, colors and patterns.

These guys are stressed out and getting them into the 46G (half full) tank.

And because shellyx, mentioned getting a super red Pleco, I saw some (short fins) from one of the good breeders at the mini auction and won a bag of 4- yes 4 for $12 /or 13. It is all your fault I couldn't help it. In talking with the breeder afterwards, he thinks he has about 300-500 super red - fry to young ones now!!! Crazy!

Also picked up a plant they called it Bacopa, but I'm wondering if it is Pennywort it was $3 for a bag. After looking comparitively at the pics I think it is PW not Bacopa.

Lot's off fun Autumn Lol
Sorry but the super reds are so cute! So you bought 4! Wow I hope you enjoy them. I did want 2 but Wasn't sure my 30g was big enough.
Yep, devastated about my shrimp, finding dead bodies nearly daily but have a few babies running about.
Haven't done much with my tank's today waiting on a pleco cave coming.
4 for $12 you are so lucky just noticed that! My hubby paid £45 for mine :eek:
55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Last edited:
No dead fish this morning - so that is a plus.

These BN SR short fins are direct from the breeder but also just to spread the love of cute fish around. The mini auctions never seem to net the seller as much value as for the buyer. Once in awhile there will be a bidding war. Better deal to buy for sure.

My friend got a 2 piece on one rock nice size 4" bright neon green LPS coral for $6 and it would have been $35 -40 (or more) at the local fish store.

What I forgot to mention in my exhaustion last night was that I found an importer of Discus - exquisite Discus by a CAS member - more amazing than any I have seen in any of the stores by far!!!!!!!!!!! One of the other members had video of when he visited. And then looked at some other pics when I got home!

Big dream! Just down the road maybe 20 miles away. Oh - and lots of money! Better start saving!

I will try to get a few pics up tomorrow.

Also forgot to mention I nearly had a new tank full of friends, the deals I had to nearly tie my arm down on bidding were the Carbon Rili Shrimp which 4 bags all went for $10-14 each bag with a dozen shrimp in each. I would have almost started a new tank for them they were beautiful royal blue and black. THAT was a super steal deal!

Redid the 2.5 was battling string algae rocks were to close to the light
565037d229e668c77e7b8a8e9feeda29.jpg

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Also forgot to mention I nearly had a new tank full of friends, the deals I had to nearly tie my arm down on bidding were the Carbon Rili Shrimp which 4 bags all went for $10-14 each bag with a dozen shrimp in each. I would have almost started a new tank for them they were beautiful royal blue and black. THAT was a super steal deal!

Show us pictures!!! :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Show us pictures!!! :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Well nearly the worst pics ever. Guppies aren't cooperating. My "best" Guppy pic is of one of the Guppies with the worst condition tail!!! Of course.

But you can get an idea of the color and pattern and a couple pics of a swishing tail to show how long they are.

Anyway added the rest of the tank full of water and started the AC 110 and added a cloverleaf seasoned sponge filter. The water was REALLY cloudy and it was a bunch of gunk from some half dying plants and old food at the bottom. Which I will clean out tomorrow, but added one Biozorb filter pouch and have a pretty clear tank in only a couple hours!!!

One thing I did was take a piece of the needlepoint plastic canvas from the craft store (when I was trying to make a moss wall) Made a tube out of it and placed it around the intake tube because there are pretty large holes but also because the tip of it broke off and it can suck up small floating plants and probably fish as it is a pretty strong filter.

So I made a tube out of it and sewed it up with half of a prefilter sponge in the bottom, and originally in the top but I couldn't get it to fit around the intake so pushed it down into the middle to add stability. This will allow larger particles to get sucked up and help clean the tank, whereas the prefilter sponge is too fine to let the filter clean the water of the larger particles! I think you can see part of it in one of the pics.

The better pics that came out were of the Super Red Short Fin Albino BN. Oh boy are they cute. And a tiny bit more orange than the pics came out.

Without further ado... (almost worst pics ever)

Here is part of the plastic tube
60074-albums14573-picture70483.jpg

Poor guy needs some mending
60074-albums14573-picture70478.jpg

60074-albums14573-picture70479.jpg

60074-albums14573-picture70484.jpg

60074-albums14573-picture70488.jpg

Is my Guppy pregnant? lol!
60074-albums14573-picture70487.jpg

60074-albums14573-picture70486.jpg

SR SF BN

So cute!!!
60074-albums14573-picture70485.jpg

60074-albums14573-picture70481.jpg

60074-albums14573-picture70480.jpg

Haven't seen any dead ones either!!! Woot!

Will try for real pics of the Guppies...

I can't see your pic's Autumn ?
Pwc on my boraras tank, moved thing's around as I have another longfin super red bristlenose coming! A friend for my other lol these guy's are so cute.
Took some pics, my bnp wasn't wanting his taken! 1470678096340.jpg
My boraras finally a pic
1470678126222.jpg1470678143211.jpg
Baby shrimpies
1470678196326.jpg

30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Attachments

• 1470678172926.jpg
    1470678172926.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 98
Trimmed Gonzos plant's and took pic's off him 1470678343663.jpg1470678372656.jpg

Great pics Autumn! Really pretty fish :) love the bnp ? so cute!
My new one arrives on Thursday!

Ah what beautiful pics Autumn and shelly! I like all of your plecos :) Autumn - what I learned is that guppies are always pregnant. I had bad luck in choosing them and almost always chose females instead of males (they didn't look fat at all!!) and then the next day I'd have fry. Shelly - your shrimp are super cute! What's your favourite type of shrimp? I'm thinking of setting up a tank for some, maybe a 5G.

Tomorrow is maid service day so today I, of course, fed everyone and told them how much I love them and how beautiful everyone is. All four tanks have had their daily love.

Shellyx - Your pic and my pic look like they could almost be in the same tank of the same cute BN!

edit: oh my AC 110 is very noisy today. I don't have time for breaking filter!!!

All fish are still alive.

Last edited:
Did a 50% pwc a couple of days ago in the angel 55g. Water still looks a little cloudy, going to wait another day or so and probably rinse out the filter to see if that helps. Filled up everyone else's tank. Fed everyone, watched the babies, that now actually look like little fish, swim around the 10g. I think the female apistos is pregnant again... once debating where I'm going to put everyone. I think I may end up putting the apistos into the planted 55, maybe that way there will end up being population control. We'll see though. I moved my red betta into the 2.5g tank and put white sand in there so he could show up pretty when his fins grew back. The apistos were mean and fin-nipped the little guy, so I had to get him out of there. Once everyone gets to a decent size, I'll put the betta into the 10g so he has a decent sized tank to swim in. He clearly enjoys the 2.5g, but sometimes I just want him to have some more space. ;)

Everyone's fish are doing well from the looks of things. Hope everyone is doing well also.

Did a 50% pwc a couple of days ago in the angel 55g. Water still looks a little cloudy, going to wait another day or so and probably rinse out the filter to see if that helps. Filled up everyone else's tank. Fed everyone, watched the babies, that now actually look like little fish, swim around the 10g. I think the female apistos is pregnant again... once debating where I'm going to put everyone. I think I may end up putting the apistos into the planted 55, maybe that way there will end up being population control. We'll see though. I moved my red betta into the 2.5g tank and put white sand in there so he could show up pretty when his fins grew back. The apistos were mean and fin-nipped the little guy, so I had to get him out of there. Once everyone gets to a decent size, I'll put the betta into the 10g so he has a decent sized tank to swim in. He clearly enjoys the 2.5g, but sometimes I just want him to have some more space. ;)

Everyone's fish are doing well from the looks of things. Hope everyone is doing well also.

I hate when everyone is not getting along. No nipping!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I hate when everyone is not getting along. No nipping!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He's a rather sturdy fellow,... this is second time being "run through the ringer" so to speak with my ignorance. First time was with a female convict. Never doing THAT again. Now, the apistos, which apparently were in too small of a space to have him being in there okay. They were fine with him in the bigger tank.

Hi cleaned the glass,removed yet more duckweed,and some other plants and returned the shrimps which got caught up in the plants! amazing how they get 'tangled' up in the plant! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom