What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Done. Got more Plants an new light coming in thursday. Excited an fish aw well

af193a40af22ec0a066b9a46b2c83c99.jpg

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

I did some gravel siphoning. It's been months, sadly. Did a major rinse on my black filters :/ . Water change. Put a fish in quarantine (poor Jeffrey is ill.) Added bioboost and conditioner.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1469578080073.jpg
    1469578080073.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 43
Poor Jeffrey! He's a real pretty fish. Hope he gets better soon!

Siphoned and cleaned the (icky) glass in the 23G. Lots of leftover food, have to do bigger water changes on that one. Started feeding new pellets and everyone seems to like them. Also tried making 'fish jelly' (since I had a lot of dried brine shrinp but no baby mouths to feed) and it was a success! They all gobbled it up :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Poor Jeffrey! He's a real pretty fish. Hope he gets better soon!

Siphoned and cleaned the (icky) glass in the 23G. Lots of leftover food, have to do bigger water changes on that one. Started feeding new pellets and everyone seems to like them. Also tried making 'fish jelly' (since I had a lot of dried brine shrinp but no baby mouths to feed) and it was a success! They all gobbled it up :D

Thanks. I hope he gets better too. It looks like he got in a fight and his eye got attacked. It may be infected.
Do you feed your babies brine?

Did some dosing and testing on sw tank, then fed the coral this evening, everything is looking good so far.
b5f64c921d54eb9ae2642fd9ec97264d.jpg

King koopa love your New tank, nice aquascape!

Did a water parameter check and found
Ammonia between 0-.25
20 Nitrate,
0 Nitrite and
~175 GH and Appx.
100 kH after adding 3 tsp Calcium Reef powder and
pH is around 7.4.

Checked the tap water - Kinda surprised.
Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite 0
GH 65
KH 25
pH 7

More pwc coming up.

Autumnsky, I like your fish dreaming! How cool would it be to live with aquarium walls.. Now imagine the fish you could have!

In the above post can you clarify what you test for me? I test ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph.
But you add GH and Kh, what are they - is it water hardness?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Fed my leaf fish last night. Finally found the other guy, he's still hiding. I think I'm going to chase him a bit tonight and make sure he's not stuck in the log... I don't think he is, but I can't think of another way to find out. They really like the shrimp pellets, so it was entertaining dropping them in the water and watching them "hunt" them. I'm glad they started to eat, I was getting concerned.

I saved my poor betta from the nursery. I didn't have a place to put him that had warm enough water to transfer to before work, so I started up a "betta tank" I had left over and put warm treated water in it. I figure that way he acclimates to the cooler water as it naturally cools throughout the day and shouldn't give him too much shock. Poor baby got fin-nipped hard. He seemed almost instantaneously happier when I put him in there. I was half tempted to bring him to work with me, but I know they'd have a conniption fit... too many electronics, not enough space. ;) At least I know he won't get picked on now. I put the little betta house and the moss ball in the bottom. So he had somewhere to hide if he wanted to. I'm probably going to swap the little house out for a plastic plant for him to hide near/under. We'll see. Depends on where he is when I get home.

KingKoopa, I'm diggin' the rockscape! Looks awesome!

Autumn, those guys look great! Can't wait to see the long-finned guys when they decide to come out of hiding! :)

Pwc on my boraras tank. New driftwood arrived but I found it far too big for their tank so I swapped it with Gonzos! It took me ages trimming and removing plant's just too make space for it in the middle. Worth it in the end as my bamboo shrimp love's it lol
Tannins are leaching well into Gonzos tank looks better.
Still struggling to get a good pic of my new fish. Gonzos tank 1469630104039.jpg
1469630147904.jpg
Boraras
1469630173901.jpg
I'm sure I'll get a better shot soon!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Pwc on my boraras tank. New driftwood arrived but I found it far too big for their tank so I swapped it with Gonzos! It took me ages trimming and removing plant's just too make space for it in the middle. Worth it in the end as my bamboo shrimp love's it lol
Still struggling to get a good pic of my new fish. Gonzos tank View attachment 288256
View attachment 288257
Boraras
View attachment 288258

Shelly, I love how your tank looks! Very nice!!!

Still struggling to get a good pic of my new fish. Gonzos tank View attachment 288256
View attachment 288257
Boraras
View attachment 288258

Thank you! I actually find mine boring lol such a lot of beautiful tank's on here :)

30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

You have a wonderful collection of plants and plenty of swimming space for everyone. I think it's awesome. The driftwood looks great, too.

You have a wonderful collection of plants and plenty of swimming space for everyone. I think it's awesome. The driftwood looks great, too.

Thank you that's really nice of you :)

30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Thanks. I hope he gets better too. It looks like he got in a fight and his eye got attacked. It may be infected.
Do you feed your babies brine?

I thought it was brine shrimp eggs but it was dried brine shrimp that I had bought online for a couple dollars. They still like it though

I thought it was brine shrimp eggs but it was dried brine shrimp that I had bought online for a couple dollars. They still like it though

Ahh okay. I think I am out of brine shrimp. Need to get some more.

So, I decided to take another video to show of the babies a little better. I'm sorry my hands were shaking a bit.

BABIES!

The adult fish are still pale, I think it's because they're now on a white substrate as opposed to a black one (which is where they were to begin with.)

They started getting snippy with each other, so I think this evening I'm going to put papa fish back into the other tank so there's less stress on the fish.

Turned the lights on for the plants. Saw the other leaf fish come out and play, so I know he's alive. :D Hasn't quite gotten to the "OH you feed me at this point in the day, so I'll wait like my brother." I'm sure he'll get there.

I need a bottom feeder for this tank though. I know the loaches are bottom feeder-esque, but they're kinda covering midrange. I need something to eat shrimp pellets that the leaf fish miss so I don't have to keep fishing them out... Any suggestions?

Kuhli's of course. I prefer the stripes. They love shrimp pellets. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1469710573.633362.jpg

29g fresh with Betta, Kuhli's, Neons, Denison Barbs, ADF, Mystery and Nerite Snails.

Some plants: Anubias, Java Fern, mosses and other misc.

8g Biorb with Betta and plants.

10g Mystery Snail Nursery

5g Plant grow tank with Pink Ramshorn Snails

Back
Top Bottom