What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Set up this tank at work for a breeding pair of kribinsis
42e5652101ca5f03ae7c045432021d9f.jpg

Also set up this tank for these freshwater dwarf puffer. Think its 1 m an 4 females lucky guy [emoji1]

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Trimmed the dbt that had brown algae growing on it. Turned down the hrs of light from 8 to 5hrs so far so good an put a eheim350 skim

7701629fcb04566bb12bc5fc0bc285e5.jpg

30d03c3c3b980a3f86325e5c7b639873.jpg

Also got a 2 otos, few rcs my good friend panda garra which will get a new home once he gets big an few scarlet gems . will be getting some micro tiger rasboras or some cpds

Bought the wrong airline tubing for my new sponge filter :( but at least I got to go to my other LFS which is around a 40 min drive but worth the gas when I buy a lot. Great fish and pretty good deals. They had the cutest guppy tank with fry :)

Little puffers are so cute. Looks very happy in there.

Agreed. Tanks look nice Koopa.

Bought the wrong airline tubing for my new sponge filter :( but at least I got to go to my other LFS which is around a 40 min drive but worth the gas when I buy a lot. Great fish and pretty good deals. They had the cutest guppy tank with fry :)

Love the cute little guys. Speaking of Guppy fry, some of my younger fish fry that I got before have grown enough to tell M or F. My big mommas have held on and no fry yet.

I never have had a breeder box/net but bought one last night and it is pretty small but the plan is to capture fry and put them inside not have the mum give birth there, personally I have only seen stress under those circumstances for the mommas.

So captured the 16 Neons and 6 or 8 (can't recall) Glowlight Tetras and the 3 additional male Guppys and acclimated them into the other tank - 72G. Fed the 72G first so hoping they wouldn't be too hungry.

Lights are off and the Tetras had time to find their school. The one little Guppy hadn't found his friends yet, I kept shooing him back towards the Guppy side & away from the cranky Angelfish on the other side.

Hoping all the fish are adjusted by morning.

Did 2G pwc on the 12G & 11.4G FW tanks.
Cleaned the prefilter in the Tangerine Tiger / Boraras Brigittae tank (11.4).
A 3G on the 72G just because of switching the fish.
5G on the QT.
SW will wait till Monday probably.

Local glass shop won't fit and put the glass in my tank. Maybe will need to have them cut it and do it myself.

Last edited:
Received my second longfin super red bristlenose today, boy is it tiny next to Finlay lol He's not so impressed at the moment with the new guest but I'm sure he'll be fine.
My new betta is doing great his colour is deepening and he looks really pretty :)
Finally took the plunge and bought Gonzo a new 68gallon tank with stand today should be here by the end of the week. Hubby is heading out tomorrow for sand, not looking forward to the switch over :eek: hopefully it will go smoothly.
1472050792906.jpg1472050820057.jpg

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Received my second longfin super red bristlenose today, boy is it tiny next to Finlay lol He's not so impressed at the moment with the new guest but I'm sure he'll be fine.
My new betta is doing great his colour is deepening and he looks really pretty :)
Finally took the plunge and bought Gonzo a new 68gallon tank with stand today should be here by the end of the week. Hubby is heading out tomorrow for sand, not looking forward to the switch over :eek: hopefully it will go smoothly.
View attachment 288908View attachment 288909

30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Betta's color is looking so much Betta...:ROFLMAO: He is really, really beautiful all kidding aside. (so sorry about the joking, couldn't help it - needed a little chuckle). He is deeper toned and lovely.

Gonzo isn't gonna know what to do with all that room. Pretty exciting, can't wait to see him in it.

New Red BN baby too! YAY!!!

I got 20 more Neons yesterday (1.00 each) and acclimated them to the QT. So providing they all stay healthy, that will be 20 + 14 and 3 and 1 Green Neon & 2 Cardinals. Thinking about going back for another 20 or however many they have left. The shipment looked good this week.

Planning on moving the Angels over to the 46G after this QT.

Then should have quite a nice school of the Neons. If they don't live long I will go back to the Cardinals. Or if I find the Cards at a great deal I will get a bunch of them too.

That really was my vision for a big tank long ago. Not too ambitious...(maybe one of or) the most widely loved tropical fish in the world ...... (I know, but the Goldfish is cool water though) :)

They look especially nice with my permanent black background because they just light things up.

Maybe. (Really would be awesome with 100 of them)

Forgot to turn off the 72G tank light last night OOPSY so left it off today.
Hopefully I won't have too much algae from the one time.

Got my cpds and orange zebra otos, micro tiger rasbors in today will put in my mini m pics will ve up soon

Zebra otos still settling in. Added some hydrocotyle sp japan and some ammania bonsai
417ca5cf66d6039ddd1a03e2d36fe6f9.jpg

9e841632f327bad630c1b819f76fcff3.jpg

Got my cpds and orange zebra otos, micro tiger rasbors in today will put in my mini m pics will ve up soon

Ooooooh sounds amazing!

~~~~~~~~~~

I went back to the $1. sale only on for 3 more days and got the last 20 Neons. No more coming in befor the sale ends! lol

This way I now have the lower end size group I had been hoping for. Still after the Angels move there will be plenty of room for a bunch of Cardinals just in case I find them later.

Fed a couple too many little wafers in the Tangerine Tiger tank this morning and when I got home they were covered in MTS. So I took a few scoops of them out and they are in a cup now. Will probably add them to my outdoor plant bucket.

No baby Guppies yet. Breeder net box still sitting atop the tank - waiting for some fry action!!!

:)
Also after being side tracked with the MTS, did a mini pwc and cleaned the plexi top (of the rimless tank, and the top and sides of the little beamworkx and the top of the filter of filmy, crusty, yucky stuff.

Last night I rinsed and wiped the SW nano Edge tank top as well of similar but saltier gunk.

So far the new Neons are a little pale and not quite yet schooling with the older group but they aren't nearly colorless as they were in the orange bucket and getting their color.

Added just a little food for the hungry masses. Will add a light feeding in the AM and again in the evening to account for 20 more fish, will feed lightly for a few days.

Hoping for the opportunity to do a 30-40% pwc on the QT tomorrow.

Lot's off neons Autumn! they'll look really cool together, can't wait to see pictures ;)
Well did an extra clean on my bettas tank after a horrible smell coming from the filter yuck!
My bristlenoses are squabbling well my biggest one is the trouble maker, hopefully they'll settle.
Gonzos fine waiting patiently for his new tank, which will be a bit longer as it's a banks holiday on Monday Grrr
Here's some pics of my new guy and Finlay
1472232684895.jpg1472232704216.jpg1472232728886.jpg1472232752099.jpg

Attachments

• 1472232770251.jpg
    1472232770251.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 51
Very nice looking plecos shelly very nice

Thank you :) I'm really enjoying them, probably more when they stop squabbling Lol just like my kid's ;)

O i understand same with my 3 an 1 year old lol they love the tanks tho

Today has been an nightmare! I added sword plant's to my elephant and boraras tank, well after an hour I went over and checked dying shrimp! Both tank's, so since 11 am I've done a full 100% clean on Gonzos tank, 80 % on the boraras removed dead shrimp and babies ? it's now 5 pm and I'm going to take more out of the boraras tank as my filter feeders aren't looking so good.
So fed up and exhausted, I hate losing anything.
Well off to take out more water, all I want is a coffee ?

Back
Top Bottom