What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thx autumn an yea i checked all an all good so at a loss jus recieved them thursday maybe a bad batch or were sick before i recieved them no clue right now

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Where they eating? Not sure what tank you had them in, but otos tend to have pretty specific dietary needs. If it was an immature tank they could have starved

Possibley, but did see them on the algae wafer an driftwood most of the time an they were in a 10gl

Where they eating? Not sure what tank you had them in, but otos tend to have pretty specific dietary needs. If it was an immature tank they could have starved

What do they eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Algae mainly. I never clean my back wall of the tank let algae grow on it. But with otos i remeber some will die within days after putting in a tank. Will order some more whenever they are on the vendors list again

Fed my fish frozen bloodworms. The endlers and CPDs liked them (a bit large for nano fish in general).
Not much else going on. Plants growing. Yes, that's a drop checker floating at the top of the tank. Suction cup failure, again :(
iZrKkuAh.jpg

Talked my Wife into letting me spend some money for my birthday and picked up 5 khuli loaches for the community tank.

Drip acclimating now.

They didn't run and hide when I dropped them in. I guess that's a good thing.

Attachments

• 1472527895128.jpg
    1472527895128.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 75
  • 1472527960908.jpg
    1472527960908.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 63
I'm really happy to see them drop in and just go to rummaging around. Lets me know the second round of dripping was worth it. Even if it did cost me 2 hours of sleep. They were hiding like crazy at the lfs, almost missed them. We basically had to pull all the decor out of the tank to get them.

They hit the sand and seemed to be like. "Ahhhh... Wiggle wiggle wiggle. Ooh what's over here and here and here" then the gourami had to go and photo bomb.

I'm sure that gourami thought you were there to take pictures of him. You couldn't possibly be taking pics of anything else.

My kuhli's come out and roam around often. They know I adore them. Fat little buggers.

And to this day I still don't know what the correct spelling is.

Khuli or Kuhli?

Lol I'm sure... He's going nutty right now in the new tank. Sadly his brother didn't make it through the move so he's only got the girl guppies to Chase around. The cories just ignore him.

Congrats Ruutah, and Happy Birthday. I really love the little guys.

~~~~~~

Okay, keep me away from fish stores and purchasing fish! Just finally got to the lfs to get my fish FOOD and Prime..........

Darn it anyway if they didn't have some adoption fish, just really needing a new home.....

[key music...] How much is that fishy in the window, the one with the wi-ggily taaaiiillllll.... smile and grab your bag of fish and run home.

Interesting found a Paradise Gourami male, adult and colorful,
a light colored Cory which looked like maybe a green Cory,

a large type Rainbowfish, could be a couple possibilities, like Praecox (probably) or Parkinsoni, maybe Red Rainbow. Basically silvery with a hint of blue sheen with some red on the fins, only maybe just over half grown.

Then when they moved the decoration there was a Clown Pleco hiding under that.

All 4 for $5.00! :D I'm a sucker! lol

Fed the fish their new food and they seem pretty happy about it.

Oh thank goodness mine doesn't do fish adoptions. Or do they...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Lol took a look at the tank is morning just in time to see one of them nose dive into the sand and only look like a tail poking out of the sand.

Ahhh... that's a shame. My sympathies. I don't know about other folks, but otos seem to be one of those fish I have terrible luck with. They can be doing great, then suddenly they're belly up.
Yea they are barliman had 3 orange zebra otos an 2 reg otos got them same day an orange zebras died but the plain jane otos lived. Ill get some more again really love those guys look

Back
Top Bottom