What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are a very busy lady. The convention sounds like fun work.

And as to Ursula, I'm pretty sure she has an amazing backstory and ultimate redemption just like Malificent. I wish Disney would get around to that movie.

Ordered a new light for the 10g, a Finnex Stingray. While the current light (your basic Marineland LED) is good for tanks with no plants, the PAR value is just too low to get even low-light plants to grow steadily. So, it gets changed.

Meanwhile, a change I made last weekend, instituting a 4-4-4 light period on the 20-long, seems to already be showing results: the dread green fuzz algae has almost wholly vanished from my alternanthera, which is starting to recover. Fingers crossed!

Thanks. I'm 53 going on 5. Lol

;)
The work of the conventions (haven't done a fish one yet) and auctions is the most fun work!!!

Watched my fish and critters for awhile.

I think my Gourami is swimming strangely. All other fish in the tank look/swim fine. Maybe a water test is in order.

Probably gonna do a pwc on the SW nano, and the
Shrimp tank and the 46G if there is a water issue.

All the DW is soaking in that 46G tank where the Gourami is, covering a large part of the surface, I took out one piece to make sure there was open room for surface breathing but maybe it is stressed out about it limited available area???

Off to check the water.

Nitrates were creeping up and were around 60ppm in the 46G and did a 15G pwc and vac up all the muck at the bottom of the bare bottom glass and 50 ppm in the 72G, so I did 10G pwc vacing the substrate.

Here is the thread link for the substrate ADA Amazonia Light "review/experience"
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...te-ada-amazonia-light-355158.html#post3420110

Found the Orange Eye Orange Tiger sitting at the top of the DW, took a pic but the filter water was rippling and tried to get a close up but it came out awfully. You can see the rounded circles are the orange eyes. (kinda, :/)
60074-albums14480-picture70943.jpg

Pwc on the 12G Edge and the TT shrimp tank.

Last edited:
Im done got my maintenance done. Propagated helferi from last week has already split. One of my favorites. Pitched some minima. Added a little more pothos. Stopped trimming rotala I like the side shoots. Parva FINALLY going good. Increased micro doseage. 20170305_102208.jpg20170305_102141.jpg20170305_102158.jpg

Its like im on mars. All yall with lfs, clubs, auctions lol. Jealous

I am pretty fortunate to have a few local fish clubs and one plant society in the area. Got to meet Rachel O'Leary (msjinkzd) at one of the meetings.

I shoots. Parva FINALLY going good. Increased micro doseage. ]

Nice looking stand of parva. I tried twice with that plant: first time not enough light, second time sold it off before it go going.

I am pretty fortunate to have a few local fish clubs and one plant society in the area. Got to meet Rachel O'Leary (msjinkzd) at one of the meetings.

Nice looking stand of parva. I tried twice with that plant: first time not enough light, second time sold it off before it go going.
I dont get it. It grows well in my low par. Im studying water gh/kh vs plants. I think it likes my hard water.

50PWC on my betta's tank. He looks much happier with his new moss. Tested the main and betta tanks and the pH levels are too high in both. Really happy though b/c my main tank's nitrate level is finally ~40ppm. Woohoo! Also thinking of setting up the 10G but not too sure as to what I'll put in there.

Back
Top Bottom