What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After being so excited yesterday to finally find ghost shrimp, it turns out they may have been close cousins...these are definitely NOT peaceful

Today I set up a hospital tank for Betta, who's tail was shredded by the "ghost shrimp "

Tore my tank apart so that my teen and I could find and can catch them before they harm the pleco

Currently acclimating them to the goldfish tank, and adding lots of hiding places. I'll put them in the breeder box and hope they have enough sense to stay there until I get a critter keeper
This should help if they escape Image1488325569.994774.jpgI checked and the basket is a safe plastic, so they have a "safe space " if they climb out

well I found the problem on the overflow it's burned out dead kaput , since I got to go out and buy a new pump for my main skimmer might as well get a new lift pump. how I never noticed it was dead I don't know . but that's next weeks job ,

Put away a cart load worth of stuff I had laying around from the fish work, foods, nets dead plant material on a paper towel I picked out of the tank, etc. Messy Marvin. Wiped off all the tank stands and glass and tops.

Dumped the bucket of shrimp substrate from the previous tank into the 12G Mr. Aqua tank and plants mainly so I can be sure they are getting enough light, moved the plexi top back to it, it is rimless so it has acrylic brackets to hold the top and light sets on that.

There are 10 containers- /tanks, including a bucket and a bowl which have plants, snails, fish and /or shrimp...SW and FW. Not including the bucket of substrate, no living creatures in it though. But still having to change its water every few days.

There are only supposed to be 4 yet somehow they keep multiplying instead of reducing. This is the reason I have been feeling swamped with tank chores.

TOO MANY for me right now.

Found a "Brittle" Starfish which has MUCH longer arms than any of my other ones ever did, so guessing it is a Serpent Starfish which is growing up. I am planing to try to move it to my MacroAglae Vase tank if I can capture it. I had company over at dinner and couldn't take the time to get it out right then. :eek:

Made a lid for my Betta hospital tank Image1488341986.524237.jpgits a little saggy but it should keep the cats out unless they step on it

Thinking of getting a 2-3gallon setup for the month we will need to leave him in for healing....this second hand ten is a bit risky if the cats realize that it doesn't have a real lid.....and someone ate the last minnow I qt'd without a real lid[emoji33]

Made a lid for my Betta hospital tank View attachment 295697its a little saggy but it should keep the cats out unless they step on it

Thinking of getting a 2-3gallon setup for the month we will need to leave him in for healing....this second hand ten is a bit risky if the cats realize that it doesn't have a real lid.....and someone ate the last minnow I qt'd without a real lid[emoji33]

Nice. I got a lid a guy made with plexi for around $5. from the local big box store (came with my rimless tank). He dremel cut the spaces for the hob and airlines and a hole in the top with a drill.

Doing a pwc and didn't get around to the filter clean so doing that too, on the 46G so I can move over a couple fish out of the 72G.

Angelfish are getting even more aggressive, from sparring stances and dancing back and forth to biting it seems. Still undecided on moving the female out or a male and female pair over. Can't see anyeggs but they sure are protecting the back area, and the eggs could be behind the DW.

The female pretty much ignores both of them. Thinking now maybe get her out of there, and do a big pwc again in the next day or 2 to get rid of /dilute the females scent. If the males still can't get along I will move one of them.

Kind of amused, watching the big Opaline Gourami having enough of their feuding and chasing them away from his corner where he picks food out of the floating Wisteria.

super large water change on my 90g don't know what I touched but my lift pump started back up but still getting new one , awaiting the morning delivery of my coral.
also did water change on other tank yesterday

Got some more plants

Soon I'll be dense enough to add harlequins[emoji4]Image1488423567.970677.jpg

Maybe a little more java or Anubis for leaf cover.....and a log for the pleco

They have new stock in at the lfs, Ill just leave them there long enough to see if they get ich or anything first....I watched him add paraguard as a precaution while I was there so that's one less thing to worry about when I buy...

Played musical fish after the AC 110 disgusting filter clean and pwc.

Did a pwc of 95% on the Spec V.

Added a pregnant Swordtail to the Spec V while I think over whether or not I want to try and save the babies.

I moved the big Opaline Gourami and the female Koi Angel over to the 46G.

Also found some male Green Lantern Platy with the females, and some females with the males. Separated them. Caught all the males from the 72G and moved them into the 12G. Temporary. I plan to bring a bag of them to the auction, at least 6.

Found the big Spotted Raphael Catfish wedged in a lava rock in the 72G. I am going to try and and pull it up and out of the tank and move it over to the 46G. She is huge and eats my Neons so I would love for her to be in the other tank!!!

This will relieve the the excess bioload from the 72G. The 72G already looksmore peaceful.

So happy to move them finally!

I have a great pair of Platy out of the M & F groups, and they're probably headed to the fish show on Friday, and see if they will place in the open show.

Took back my mondo grass, which it turns out is not aquatic

Got 9harlequins, driftwood and Anubis for 34bucks

Added kaleidoscope agate today. And some seaglass. Just waiting for Ursula's arrival. View attachment 295806

I'll go with pretty rocks any day, scary looking sea witch not too sure :lol:

~~~~
Went to the CAS meeting and had a good time. Speaker was in charge of the hosting of the Aquatic Gardeners Association Convention being held here in Denver. BIG in planted tanks.

Missed out on some nice Widelov Java Fern a couple rounds on the mini auction. And a couple other things like a "Koi" Betta female, and a very nice big Oranda Orange and White Goldfish. She was bought by someone with a better home for her though and was happy she will be in a 135G. And missed a nice bright blue green Mushroom for my SW tank. Usually the SW stuff goes for $2-4 because no one wants it. It went to $16. and that was too much for me. Afterwards, the person who donated it said he'd make sure I get a mushroom. (y)

What I did get was a big bag of Marsilea. Shared half of it with my friend and brought home the rest and added ahandful to a few stems into 4 different tanks so I can see which tank it might like best, I have previously killed off the couple stems I had had.

Our big auction is on April 1st. Will be volunteering for that like usual.

Also was asked to and will help out at the Aquatic Gardeners convention (they will have the plant auction to end plant auctions there, world class suppliers and everything they bring to the show is for sale at the end!!) . I am really jazzed up about that, drooling really, it is going to be outstanding!

Fed all the fish and told them they are gonna get some new plant friends soon.

Almost considering CO2, rather - I guess, considering C02, almost. Thinking of the items and costs. Heard I can get a decent 2 stage regulator for around $60 (used?), will need to check on that from the person who said it for more details like where. Already have the big size container for the C02, I think, will work.

Why not go crazy here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom