Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #561
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousTriggerFish
Broke my elbow pretty bad yesterday morning at work so used my good arm to fix the sand in my freshwater tank and went ou on my pier and caught grass shrimp for my saltwater tank and this morning I went out and got more real rocks from the water around my pier gonna clean them soon and get them in my tank I feel like such a good fish dad
Now that is dedication!
I fed them, and I'm going to change the water in one of my betta tanks once I get some food. Spent most of the day at work but tomorrow is my day off and I think I'm going to do a bit of redecorating in my 20 gallon. Got some new terra cotta pots and they are too small for my plants, so they're going in the tanks.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #562
Aquarium Advice Freak

Big water change today. Vac over the sand to cleanup some debris. Oh, and I tried to do my water tests only to realise that I am out of my ammonia chems. Still no sign of nitrites or nitrates. I keep hoping this thing will cycle soon!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #563
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh, fed the fishies, looks like my sunset platy is pregnant again from a past male (There isn't any males in there anymore), and I've been finding platy fry stragglers everywhere.

Preparing for water changes tomorrow, I got seachem root tabs. I'm turning my ten gallon RCS tank into a SOWLC (Shrimp only with live crypts), and I found some rare crypts to get me started.

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #564
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tested my water on the 55.

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
pH 8.0

Did a 15 gal pwc. I took out the DW and castle. There was alot of snail poop! Those nerites do an awesome job eating algae. I never see algae except on my plants. Anywho... I actually remembered to put my root tabs in this time. I'm sure my plants will love me for it. Wiped the inside glass with a sponge.

I'm not sure why but I've lost 4 neons this week. No signs of disease that i have seen. Hopefully my remaining 7 will not die. I'm not buying anymore.

I'll feed them bloodworms tonight before lights out.

Considering removing the water primrose if it doesn't start growing. It just stays the same and loses a leaf now and then. I think I need to buy some flourish and excel.

I daydreamed about my 5 gal pico reef tank I'll be starting eventually.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #565
Aquarium Advice Addict

Received some incredibly gorgeous albino long-finned BN plecos I won on Aquabid yesterday. Put 2 adults in the 75, 1 in the 46 and the wee babe she sent as an extra in the 16 to grow out. These guys are unbelievable!
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #566
Aquarium Advice Addict

50% water change
Cut driftwood and added- BTW looks amazing!
Moved the plants around
Trimmed plants
Fixed heater
Smoothed gravel
Rehomed Apollo the Molly
Removed and re-added all fish to put I'm driftwood
Fed fish and taught Apollo one last trick LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2537600506.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	95509
Old 05-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #567
Aquarium Advice Freak

Another 50% water change. Might have seen traces of nitrates in my water tests today, but it may have been wishful thinking. Used the gravel vac to clean up again and rearranged to wood and plants a bit. Nice thing about most of my plants being attached to rocks! I can move them around a lot.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:24 AM   #568
Aquarium Advice Addict

My buddy Titus got some bacterial infection after living in below 50F degree water for the last 2 days (heater was off). Big white spot on his side. I treated him with Melafix today. I hope this white spot will go away in a few days.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #569
Aquarium Advice Addict

Forgot to mention the floating pink plant is in a breeder trap and that I'm looking for sand
Black or white??
Old 05-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #570
Aquarium Advice Regular

10% water change of my 20 litre goldfish tank!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Emails | - »